Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

Ancient-Shivan War Issues

<< < (2/2)

0rph3u5:
I think, the relative easy difficulty was a design choice to keept it moving as a game - probably also a narrative choice depending on how the end would have played out. The Ancient-Shivan War is conceptually difficult to depict in a game when casting the player in the role of an Ancient - you have to find ways how to keep the player engaged through a string of losses with no chance of a comeback.
There are ways to do it*, and it is a shame that we will never find out what the ultimate solution of the ASW team would have been (its one thing to read the pre-prouction ideas, another to see them realized).

* I gave it a try

mjn.mixael:
It's always a shame to see a mod go unfinished. (I'm looking at you, too BP, UWar/TVWP, Frontlines).

I can also think of a mod that has the player go through a near constant string of losses...  :nervous:

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on March 04, 2020, 08:48:00 pm ---I can also think of a mod that has the player go through a near constant string of losses...  :nervous:

--- End quote ---

Interesting take on a story indeed, would certainly be something different :nod:

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on March 04, 2020, 09:20:14 pm ---Interesting take on a story indeed, would certainly be something different :nod:

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure he means BtA dude.

mjn.mixael:
I have dev access to ASW on Knossos, so I just updated it to fix the reported issues and make compatible with MediaVPs 4.2.x.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version