Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

Thunderbolt model with wings outwards?

(1/3) > >>

emark4:
I noticed that there are Starfury Thunderbolts that have their wings outwards while the ones I see in game have their wings inward. Is there a thunderbolt model where the wings face outwards from the ship? Or if such model is in the works?

[attachment deleted to save space]

Su-tehp:
As I recall, those outward flaps are retractable and deployable in-universe for spaceflight maneuvering and atmospheric maneuvering respectively.

As for whether they can be changed in-game, I have no idea, but it would be awesome if they did. As for whether that would be practical... *shrug*

karajorma:
It should be possible to get those parts to partially rotate depending on the model. What would be the point given that all the missions with it are most likely in space, is a little harder to justify.

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: karajorma on September 03, 2020, 04:56:27 am ---What would be the point given that all the missions with it are most likely in space, is a little harder to justify.

--- End quote ---

Well, that is just a failure of imagination :D

Actually, taking a page out of the book of Darius' Solaris and Twisted Infinities it shouldn't be too hard to mechanically fix up high altitude and low altitude combat scenarios for an experienced FREDer. Might be a good candidate to test some navigation mechanics as well (maybe some Ghost of Tsushima-style particle shenigans instead a HUD gauge /just musing)...

... tempting ...

*remembers all the legitimate combat scenarios you could get out of the Earth Alliance Civil War*

... so tempting ...

... but no time.

emark4:

--- Quote from: Su-tehp on September 02, 2020, 11:26:45 pm ---As I recall, those outward flaps are retractable and deployable in-universe for spaceflight maneuvering and atmospheric maneuvering respectively.

As for whether they can be changed in-game, I have no idea, but it would be awesome if they did. As for whether that would be practical... *shrug*

--- End quote ---
Oh, I see, so its for atmosperic reasons. A shame, it looks so cool with its wings out. Regardless if its practical or not, I really dont mind.

--- Quote from: karajorma on September 03, 2020, 04:56:27 am ---It should be possible to get those parts to partially rotate depending on the model. What would be the point given that all the missions with it are most likely in space, is a little harder to justify.

--- End quote ---

If I were to do it myself in blender, how would I do that? (I have some experience in blender but only editing the modles, but its been a long time since I used that program)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version