Author Topic: important wiki matter: please post thoughts  (Read 1849 times)

Re: important wiki matter: please post thoughts
Just lock this dump thread already

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
We could also reference all the WAP (wild Aeolus posting) going on around this topic.
It's out of control, I tell you.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Let me get this straight. Goober was so offended by a vague butt joke that he locked wiki pages and forum threads over the course of years... this being emblematic of the problems people have had with his moderation for just as long.

So while I find this issue pretty dang silly and the whole idea of trying to keep that harmless sentence out of the wiki prudish, just because Goober has finally been defanged I don't think it's helpful to go drudging up every controversy he's ever caused in order to get it undone.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I just want to post my VC jokes :(

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Let me get this straight. Goober was so offended by a vague butt joke that he locked wiki pages and forum threads over the course of years... this being emblematic of the problems people have had with his moderation for just as long.

So while I find this issue pretty dang silly and the whole idea of trying to keep that harmless sentence out of the wiki prudish, just because Goober has finally been defanged I don't think it's helpful to go drudging up every controversy he's ever caused in order to get it undone.

I don't think it's every controversy. Lord knows there have been many.

Just this one.

Can't a man post some VC jokes, five years after the fact? I'll attest the man is a Veteran, and knows what he is talking about.

We could also reference all the WAP (wild Aeolus posting) going on around this topic.

i think goober in his role as forum janitor decided he needed a bucket and a mop for all the WAP
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I know sweet **** all about the wiki, but the tone of this thread is setting off alarm bells and I have a few hours before I can check again so it's getting a [temporary] lock until additional staff can look at it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
None of this makes any sense what so ever.

And I've read it twice.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys