Author Topic: NFS: Carbon...  (Read 10300 times)

Offline ZmaN

Another NFS Sequel.  Ridge Racing, more customizing, and apparently you can warp the shape of car parts.  sweetness.

I really want this one!

http://pc.ign.com/objects/837/837025.html
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i'll steal it, because none of them are worth buying anymore.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Oh snap.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Turambar

i'm also stealing jackass 2, just to prevent my suitemates from paying money to see it.  those people do not deserve money.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I might get this. I had a lot of fun with NFS:MW. It looks like they still have that annoying motion blur in the screenshots though. They should make it easier to disable that.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Bangwal

When will it end... I just wish I could make my own racing game. :sigh:

Yeah I hated the motion blur. Lagged my system; I had to use a hack tool to switch it off. :blah:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It ran okay for me, but you could hardly see anything when going at a decent speed. It might look okay if they tone it down (a lot).

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Custom Car gams FTW,

Auto Modellista was my fave PS2 racing game and you had so many options it made me smile every time i made a car.  :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Well it does have a degree of realism, the motion blur, cause if you've ever rode or been lucky enough to drive a car that can top 200mph, your vision will become slightly distorted once you hit about 180.  It depends on the person, but people who haven't been conditioned to that kind of visual stress will probabably start seeing everything as a blur at that speed.

Offline Inquisitor

The blur is key to that "sense of speed" :)
No signature.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well it does have a degree of realism, the motion blur, cause if you've ever rode or been lucky enough to drive a car that can top 200mph, your vision will become slightly distorted once you hit about 180.  It depends on the person, but people who haven't been conditioned to that kind of visual stress will probabably start seeing everything as a blur at that speed.

This game isn't exactly realistic anyway. :D I just found it impossible to see the civilian cars on the highways with it turned on. It may look better if it's toned down.

The blur is key to that "sense of speed" :)

MW doesn't have that great a sense of speed (and the way the gameplay and track layouts are designed, you rarely want to be going very fast in any case). For that you need to play Ballistics. :D

honestly, how fast do the guys at EA work!?!?!  :sigh:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Turambar

the same speed as everyone else.  EA just makes them release their products before theyre properly finished.

I dunno, I liked the PS1 games, personally, NFS: High Stakes was my fav....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Inquisitor

you rarely want to be going very fast in any case

Says you ;)
No signature.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It looks very samey... I just wish there was a greater selection of cars and music. If they pushed it slightly in the direction of GT4 then there'd be massive depth - there just isn't right now.

Offline Inquisitor

Heh, I solve the music problem by playing my iPod through the Xbox, it replaces any ingame music with my own playlists :)
No signature.

Offline Turambar

playing an ipod through an xbox?  thats like having coldplay at a rap concert.  for some reason, i cant imagine that working properly.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
playing an ipod through an xbox?  thats like having coldplay at a rap concert.  for some reason, i cant imagine that working properly.

DUDE! IBOX!
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Maybe I'll just wait for the arcade simulator to come out...  :sigh:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."