Author Topic: Tribes: Ascend  (Read 9428 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
By swapping from deathmatch to CTF I have successfully lowered my KDR below 1 and actually started having quite a bit more fun

Good man :D
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
i'm having a bizzare problem getting to actually play the darned game.

basically, whenever i start a game (join queue), the mission loads, then i get a momentary glimpse from the bottom of the map, then the "exited queue" message shows, and dumps me back to the "menu", except there's no menu. it shows just the blank background where the two fighters are spinning slowly normally. if i press space, it takes me back to the main menu. if i try playing the practice map, or joining again, the game just gets stuck in the "infinite loading" state.

anyone have any clue or should i fire of a ticket to hi-rez?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Played a bit last night, was doing alright up until about 9PM, highlight of last night was the game just before polpolion joined, after that it all went to ****.

We were losing 2-0 at one point, then I got my game together.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
:3

I hid behind a pillar at the enemy base and waited for an enemy heavy to hobble all the way back to base with our flag. Just as he was was about to score I jumped out from behind the pillar, llama'd the flag and nitron'd him and made a score point. I hope he got mad.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

I hid behind a pillar at the enemy base and waited for an enemy heavy to hobble all the way back to base with our flag. Just as he was was about to score I jumped out from behind the pillar, llama'd the flag and nitron'd him and made a score point. I hope he got mad.
Was that on temple ruins? The volcanic map? I was coming into your base at about 170 when a certain heavy llama grabbed the flag from in front of me :/
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Yep. It was glorious!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Was that on temple ruins? The volcanic map? I was coming into your base at about 170 when a certain heavy llama grabbed the flag from in front of me :/

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i find that i'm not half bad at this game :D

also, is it just me or do 90% people not know how to lead their weapons?

Offline Lester

If you're playing with people that are below level 10, yeah.

You'll find the matchmaking system puts you together with much more experienced players when you hit level 6, iirc.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

You'll find the matchmaking system puts you together with much more experienced players when you hit level 6, iirc.
ah. point well made.

but it was still hilarious, playing some CTF on that ice map, pathfinder, just buzzing around. hilariously enough, all 3 captures i made went "jump from tower, slide, snatch flag in mid flight, run away cackling like a freaking maniac"...

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

ah. point well made.

but it was still hilarious, playing some CTF on that ice map, pathfinder, just buzzing around. hilariously enough, all 3 captures i made went "jump from tower, slide, snatch flag in mid flight, run away cackling like a freaking maniac"...

There's a nice route you can do on blood eagle kabatic I think it is, where you impact nitron/jet up the right hand side tower/hill ski back down the other side and nitron just before you hit a little jump. You're probably allready doing it, but you can hit 250km/h+ easily. You'll hit the flag with about 510HP if you're using egocentric, not a lot, but it's quite easy to turn into a cap.

Kill it with fire.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken