Author Topic: Wip  (Read 21573 times)

Gank - What's the ETA on that beauty? I'd like to give that thing a spin and see how it performs on my box.
A Seth is a terrible thing to waste. The reverse applies for Shivans.

"Look at you, Hacker... a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a PERFECT, IMMORTAL MACHINE?"
        -- Shodan, the Devil of Citadel Station, 2072 AD

-= Freshly hooked on LSD... er, DSL=-

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by Gank
Redmenace, its low priority atm compared to other work, the models near done though and I've had a few test runs at the textures and cant see any problems there so it'll be finished at some stage. I started it a while back as something to do when I got sick of sw ships but to be honest it gives me more headaches then they do.

c914 I know what your saying but I've never done a fighter and wanted to have a go at one.

Nico: Anubis?? Why dont ya pick something easier.

Btw has nobody ever started a project to upgrade all the original fs ships? I know theres a team called freespace upgrade but that seems to be a remake rather than facelift.

Well my main concern is that I would love to have a few finished high poly models for download for people to use with the SCP. I know it must be a low priority for you.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Originally posted by KARMA

there have been so far
mjolnir -mikhael (as far as I know it's finished)
herc- bobboau (I think it's already finished too)
fenris- me and vasudan admiral (VA finished texturing she, and is sitting in my hard disk waiting for me to find the time to tweak a couple of things)
-aeolus in progress
-seth in progress

I thought the mjolnir had yet to be finished?
I knew the herc is infact finished.
but I wasn't sure about the fenris.
I think it would be nice to have a High poly model pack in the not so distant future.
I think there is a manticore somewhere being worked on that is just awesome looking.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
@ c914: Higher poly ships have better lightings. Otherwise, I agree with you about high poly fighters. Capships are in dire need for more polies.

But that model is not bad at all. I suppose it is not only a click on 'Smooth Quad divide' since it has some details. Have you modeled it completely on your own, or have you modified the [V] one?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline magatsu1

Originally posted by Nico
I'd make the anubis, but nobody would give a damn about it :p

so it could take on a high poly Ravana ? :p

(did I remember that correctly ?) :p
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Originally posted by redmenace

I think there is a manticore somewhere being worked on that is just awesome looking.

yes I've not added the manticore 'cause I don't know exactly what Nico wants to do with it

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
oh, I also forgot Vasudan Admiral's Lucifer in progress
so the actual list is

-mijolnir
model by mikhael, texture by ?? (not sure if lightspeed or Galemp), I think but not sure that it's already in the media vp.
-herc
bobboau, should be completed afaik
-fenris
almost done, will need someone for turretts and conversion, thought, model by me and textures by Vasudan Admiral
-aeolus in progress
-seth in progress
-manticore in progress
-lucifer in progress

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Nico: Anubis?? Why dont ya pick something easier.

Do you know who you're talking to??? :D

Offline redmenace

I had no idea there was a lucifer in the works. thats pretty awesome. now the nice thing about the fenris is you can modify it to be a leviathen easily. You can use it in say an addition to the port in addition to the seth and the Manticore( think the manticore is a fs1 ship)
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gank

Originally posted by TopAce
But that model is not bad at all. I suppose it is not only a click on 'Smooth Quad divide' since it has some details. Have you modeled it completely on your own, or have you modified the [V] one?

I'm very insulted. Every bit modeled from scratch, in rhino I might add. Smooth quad divide is not a tool at my disposal (unless its in max, but I only use that for texturing as it has a tendancy to crash at least once every 2 minutes)

UT: It was sarcasm. Anubis would probably be the easiest fighter to redo. bar some of the shivan flying bricks.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Redoing it would obviously mean that it wouldn't look like a 2 minutes job anymore, don't you think? :p
As for the manticore, I just don't feel like finishing it, one reason being, whenever I'm working on a shivan ship, I want to redesign most parts to my liking ( more in the style of the concept pics, the shivan shps there looked much more alien, why did they have to go with the "pointy terran" look ? ).
Then everybody would scream to blasphemy for changing the oh so holy FS design, and I'd have done all that for nuts.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Raptor

Oh man, how did I miss this:eek2:
Great work, it's so...so...:cool:

only one thing, those oval depressions on the back, from the textures I thought they were raised bumps...:doubt:

Originally posted by KARMA
-fenris
almost done, will need someone for turretts and conversion, thought, model by me and textures by Vasudan Admiral

Say Karma, I'd be willing to do turreting for you.  Remember, I'm the one who created better turrets for the Orion:D

Only thing is I can't convert it.  I can handle Hi-poly .pofs and .cobs, but the version of PCS I've got crashs if I try to convert anything hi-poly (limit seems to be 4000 vertices within mesh):(

And Nico, please try to finsh that sweet Manticore.  I'm sure that we will forgive any small tweaks if they improve the looks of it;)
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Nico

• Venom
Let see: now, when I make a shivan ship, it has no thrusters anymore, I always use those red bricks FS1 ships had ( manticore already has two of those on the back end of the arms, so I shall remove the central thruster and put a third red thing in place of it ). I also like those white ( well, the concepts are black and white... ) big things that are used instead of your plain gun barrels. they look like radiation emiters of some sort.
So, anybody's fine with that? :p

For the record:

original manticore concept pic, in the top left corner.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 04:01:08 am by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Raptor

If you mean no thrusters as in engines the style of the Scorpion, then thats no problem to me.:nod:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Raptor

only one thing, those oval depressions on the back, from the textures I thought they were raised bumps...:doubt:

Oh, and yeah, I agree.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Just make it look good and like a Manticore. I, for one, am willing to lose some FS1-canon objects in favour of beefed and updated versions.

And Nico's right, many Shivan ships don't look alien enough. Nephilim, Mara and of course Demon are IMHO the pinnacles of Shivan design.
lol wtf

Offline Gank

bout the bumps, its not clear from the top two which way they're supposed to go so I went by the two similar parts on the underside where the shading suggests depressions.

Offline Nico

• Venom
I think they would look better as bumps, to be honest.
That would make more sense, techwise, at least.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Raptor

bout the bumps, its not clear from the top two which way they're supposed to go so I went by the two similar parts on the underside where the shading suggests depressions.

Well, do them which ever way you feel is best.

@Nico: Just finish that SWEET manticore, THEN see what people think.:nod::yes:

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester

I'm very insulted.....

Hey hey hey! That was a very simple question! :eek:
How am I supposed to know that you made it from scratch?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.