Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Shield discussion (split from WIP)

(1/4) > >>

Cobra:
They're not sensor globes, dammit, they're shield generators. You know, in Episode VI, the Imp officer goes "Sir! We just lost our bridge's deflector shields!" right after one globe goes kablooey.

Looks nice, but I liked your old ones better.

chief1983:
Actually, we've come to the agreement that they are sensor globes, based on resemblance to real life counterparts, and on sources compiled before the sources that claimed they were shield generators.  However, we have also agreed that due to an error in their engineering, they are somehow tied into the shields systems, so that their failure will, at least for a time, cause the shields to go down.  This should satisfy both everything seen in the movies, and agree with all first-party sources.

tomcat:

--- Quote from: Cobra on March 26, 2007, 06:58:15 pm ---They're not sensor globes, dammit, they're shield generators. You know, in Episode VI, the Imp officer goes "Sir! We just lost our bridge's deflector shields!" right after one globe goes kablooey.

Looks nice, but I liked your old ones better.

--- End quote ---

nope .. there are sensor globes most likely ... Just click http://www.theforce.net/swtc/towers.html#globes

brandx0:
Well if the people who designed the scene and model say they are sensor globes, I agree. 

tomcat:
Dude .. the link I posted is one of the most complete ref re: SW stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version