Author Topic: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut  (Read 18204 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut
Please note anything, major or minor, that needs to be tweaked for the WiH director's cut. I'll make a list here in the first post.

Prevent hug-bug in Pawns

The Vilnius doing nothing if you save it from Tev beam fire.

500th Bloodletters and 500th Helldivers squadrons share number.  Recommend changing one of the numbers.
42nd Pythons and 42nd Striders share a number.  Recommend changing one of the numbers.
332nd Firebearers and 663rd Firebearers share a name.  Recommend changing one of the names.

There's a typo in briefing stage 3 of "One Perfect Moment."  Here it is:
"Unfortunately, she's in no physical condition for high-stess negotiation"

Do a custom debrief for My Brother My Enemy if the player sends her wingmen home and is then shot down

In the mission Ken, the whole creepy pych-evaluation mission (if it can be called that) you can order Alpha 2 to depart... or anything else you want him to do. Doesn't effect the mission in any way though.

If you kill the hostage in "For the wrong reasons" after the Gef forces have been routed, then the messages played are the same as those that would be if you killed them during the stand-off.

Delenda Est... Failure debriefing if Altan Orde is destroyed... under recommendations typo last sentence... toher should be other.

Check cutscene FOV settings, esp. for Artemis Station

*bump*

I just noticed that the glowmaps for the Uhlan, Kent and Uriel (maybe more?) have an RGB value of 0/2/0 where they are supposed to be black, which gives them a slight green tint ingame (really noticeable in the F3 lab).
I take it this will also be fixed in this optimized new modpack?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:04:40 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut
Valerie being annoying and sometimes killing the Indus in Darkest Hour

No music bug in What Binds Us

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
11th Tactical Assault and 11th Strategic Assault squadrons share number.  Perhaps integrate or change numbers.
500th Bloodletters and 500th Helldivers squadrons share number.  Recommend changing one of the numbers.
42nd Pythons and 42nd Striders share a number.  Recommend changing one of the numbers.
332nd Firebearers and 663rd Firebearers share a name.  Recommend changing one of the names.

Nameplates that don't match up with the ship's name in the mission file in Artemis Station.

Offline ION3

Will there be weapon changes?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
When are you planning on releasing? I'm working on a UEF Gauntlet which might be cool to include.

Beyond that, I wish UEF weapons used a little more power so that the ETS system was part of playing again.

Fixing the nameplate / name discrepancies in the first cutscene would also be cool

Including the conversations of War in Heaven would be awesome.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:24:38 pm by Mars »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
11th Tactical Assault and 11th Strategic Assault squadrons share number.  Perhaps integrate or change numbers.

this one's on purpose

Nameplates that don't match up with the ship's name in the mission file in Artemis Station.

These are goofs.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Still, minus the first, they're things I'd like to see fixed in the Director's Cut, and so minor that I doubt they'll take much fixing.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Since this is a thread about fixing stuff and those have been identified as goofs I think you can expect them to be fixed.  ;)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

this one's on purpose

Wait, hang on. Would you mind explaining? I can't see any way they'd be able to share numbers unless they're an assault squadron whose designation changes on a per sortie basis...which is a little odd.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Bomber groups are sometimes handled a little differently from fighters and may include sub-units sharing a number.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
:wtf: That doesn't make...a lot of sense. But alright.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Really? There is a pretty strong tradition of units (including bomber units) having subunits like escadrilles. These are considered part of the same squadron.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh, you were talking in those terms.

I thought you were meaning more

Fighters                                                                 Bombers

1st Wing                                                               2nd Wing

No. 1 Squadron                                                     No. 1 Squadron
No. 2 Squadron                                                     No. 2 Squadron

And so I was a bit  :confused:

More capital-ship flying missions!

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Does this thread mean that VA is making good progress?
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Hellzed

The Vilnius doing nothing if you save it from the Tev beams fire. If you save it after it missjumps, it just hangs there, useless, and the end briefing tells you that it has been destroyed.

The ships/wings with "guard  player ship" orders tend to crash at the player ship when no enemies are around, witch is iritating and makes rearming near impossible. this is especially annoying in the mission before Delenda Est (can't remeber the name). Consider giving them a different order when the corvette (again i don't remember the name) gets unknown IFF and giving them back the order after new enemies arrive.

<edit> minor corrections

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I think the team already recognized the too clingy Uriels as a bug.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The Vilnius doing nothing if you save it from the Tev beams fire. If you save it after it missjumps, it just hangs there, useless, and the end briefing tells you that it has been destroyed.

****, really?.. so I tried to save it like 4 times for nothing?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Archaic

replace the hl2 track from cost of war, it jarred me right out of the game.

perhaps some breifing animations.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:54:11 am by Archaic »