Author Topic: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut  (Read 18215 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut
[/lurk]

Could you somehow work the "Conversations from WIH" into the actual game?

Having to chance upon an obscure forum thread to know that
Spoiler:
the informant was the former admiral of the Temeraire
, for example, doesn't really seem right to me. It's a big piece of info that needs to be available within the game...

Maybe as an Intel entry?

[lurk]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah that could definitely be done, maybe, at least for some of them. Though the identity of the informant wasn't necessarily crucial to the plot - you just need to know there's an informant.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Although the question of how exactly Carey - who would presumably have been under some scrutiny and not allowed particularly near classified, compartmentalized information about a particular operation in the Sol Theater - got her hands on the Agincourt's jump schedule is one with an interesting answer.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
STEEEEEELE!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
no

Offline -Norbert-

And how she was able to transmit it is also something I'd like to know.
With her possibly being compromised (after all her commanding officer defected), she surely wouldn't be allowed into Sol, so she must have had help from someone in system.
I'm pretty sure the GTVA makes very sure no communication can pass through the node without them knowing.
But that's a question for which the answer is better suited for WiH2 (or later) than the directors cut.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Although the question of how exactly Carey - who would presumably have been under some scrutiny and not allowed particularly near classified, compartmentalized information about a particular operation in the Sol Theater - got her hands on the Agincourt's jump schedule is one with an interesting answer.
Probably more than one person involved.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Have the option to defect to the Gef.

EDIT: Wrong thread, blame Syph

Offline Useful Dave

• I'm Useful
An explanation behind the 'beam overload' in Delenda Est, which unless I'm missing something, comes out of nowhere as a combat tactic in Blue Planet (With the only example I can think of in FS being the Colossus Vs the Sathanas) and doesn't seem to carry any risk behind it aside from requiring a longer charge time.

This might've been brought up already elsewhere, but I'm tired and it just came to mind.

Offline Qent

Check the techroom. Beam overloading is creeping its way into Tev tactics. It did start with the Colossus, but it was also done by the NTF with SGreens in one mission. As for risks, the Colossus nearly melted down its reactors and the Aeolus actually blew up, IIRC.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
also done by the NTF with SGreens in one mission. As for risks, the Colossus nearly melted down its reactors and the Aeolus actually blew up, IIRC.
No, no it didn't? Unless you're thinking of a campaign I haven't played.

Offline Qent

The NTC Righteous I think?

Offline Parias

The NTC Righteous I think?

Sounds about right - one of the official co-op missions, wasn't it?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Ah, that'd be why - sorry; never did multiplayer.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
An explanation behind the 'beam overload' in Delenda Est, which unless I'm missing something, comes out of nowhere as a combat tactic in Blue Planet (With the only example I can think of in FS being the Colossus Vs the Sathanas) and doesn't seem to carry any risk behind it aside from requiring a longer charge time.

This might've been brought up already elsewhere, but I'm tired and it just came to mind.

It's in the techroom. (What would've been a cool touch is if those ships lost the ability to jump out if they successfully completed the overload...)

Offline -Sara-

Beam overloading sounds to me like a last resort or emergency tactic. Short of risking blowing up your chief engineer in the process, I can imagine in a worst case scenario the beam weapons are completely inoperational or the ships powernet may shut down entirely, leaving it a viable target to the enemy if they survive to strike back.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's not the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is plasma generator breaking and melting everything around it, overheating the reactor and blowing up the ship. You're lucky if you'll end up with a few melted radiators, power shortage and a burnt emiter. This is strictly a last ditch tactic, to be used only in do or die situations, where there are no other options.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
As seen on that multi mission. The one with the three NTF Aeoluses.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
What happened there?
I don't play Multi (I'll someday conver these multi missions to single and play them), so I don't know.
I assume one of these Aeoluses cooked itself while overloading the beams, right?