Author Topic: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut  (Read 18218 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut
replace the hl2 track from cost of war, it jarred me right out of the game.

Respecfully disagree.  If anything, I think the music needs the least tweaking except for that one bug What Binds Us, and that's not a problem with the music tracks I don't think.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We have no idea what causes some users to intermittently lose music.

Offline Qent

It doesn't happen to everyone? :(

I feel special in a bad way.

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
I'm sorry if this sounds dumb - but did I miss a release thread or something? (what director's cut? :nervous: )
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
GB's asking what changes you want to see in the DC, not the changes people have noticed in the not-yet-released DC.

Offline Kolgena

Cockpits, even though I likely won't be using them.

Oh, and a less ugly Vasudan logistics vessel. It's a slab with tile maps.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:43:01 pm by Kolgena »

perhaps some breifing animations.
God please no! I loved that song, it made any situation badass.

Offline ION3

I have the impression that, if you play fs for a while, more and more sound channels get "locked up". When i'm playing really long I frequently reach a point where  missle warnings are not played reliably anymore, getting me killed very fast. The same happens to other sounds, too. And may also to the music. A bit like a memory Leak, just with sounds. I also noticed that sometimes when a new music starts to play the old one continues simultaneously.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:54:40 pm by ION3 »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Cockpits, even though I likely won't be using them.

Oh, and a less ugly Vasudan logistics vessel. It's a slab with tile maps.
Sure, if someone makes or releases one.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

perhaps some breifing animations.
God please no! I loved that song, it made any situation badass.

Yeah, why would you even want that replaced? It's an awesome combat track, when that first guitar riff started I actually went "Oh hell yes!"
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
There's a typo in briefing stage 3 of "One Perfect Moment."  Here it is:
"Unfortunately, she's in no physical condition for high-stess negotiation"

And are you guys going to use a different-coloured weapon trail bitmap for the Scalpel? Or a recoloured Akheton_Bitmap?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
GB's asking what changes you want to see in the DC, not the changes people have noticed in the not-yet-released DC.

Ah, that makes more sense  :p

The DC will be then voice-acted or do you plan to release it earlier? (I know VA is a hell of a job)
I miss 2/3 of the messages because of incredible battle-mess going on while defending earth - or I press pause every 3 seconds :)
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The main feature of the Director's Cut is voice acting (and optimized models, though those may come even earlier.) VA is well underway.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Oh, I've got one, in "My Brother, My Enemy" (or whatever the mission with Xinny and Zero in it is called again), either prevent the player from allowing his wingmen to warp out, or write a different debriefing which acknolwedges the player's efforts to preserve the lives of his wingmen in what was clearly an "impossible" situation. I always warp them out before they die, but of course it's not acknowledged that I saved their lives before being shot down myself.

(Well, it wasn't impossible, I shot down Xinny and Zero first time without realising that I could let them shoot me down and survive, which I always do now.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:48:27 pm by Ravenholme »
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oh huh, I thought the mission was built to account for that, but looking at it I kind undercut my own effort. Whoops!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Oh huh, I thought the mission was built to account for that, but looking at it I kind undercut my own effort. Whoops!

I figured it was probably accidental, it's a "bug" I've been meaning to report for ages but keep forgetting to.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Of course if you warp them out and kill Xinny and Zero on your own, you should still get the happy debrief.  ;)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Of course if you warp them out and kill Xinny and Zero on your own, you should still get the happy debrief.  ;)

Remember, I'm a dirty tev lover, I break the fourth wall to let Xinny and Zero survive and rescue Al'Fadil, but I don't want to bring others down with me in my 4th wall breaking.  :p

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Remember, I'm a dirty tev lover, I break the fourth wall to let Xinny and Zero survive and rescue Al'Fadil, but I don't want to bring others down with me in my 4th wall breaking.  :p
I felt guilty playing as UEF at first as well, but after the whole Vasudan thing it cleared. I've always been told 'I fight like a Vasudan' anyways and I don't appreciate the foul play. :mad:

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

I felt guilty playing as UEF at first as well, but after the whole Vasudan thing it cleared. I've always been told 'I fight like a Vasudan' anyways and I don't appreciate the foul play. :mad:

It's shades of grey, the UEF are no better than the GTVA. I can just sympathise with the viewpoint of the Tevs, their return to Sol to find that the parents they left behind are sitting on their laurels and ignoring the clear and present danger represented by meddling interdimensional beings, and a singular lack of appreciation for their efforts during the two shivan incursions.

Now I am the master, etc.

Edit:

Oh, another thing that might be interesting: A narrated "Story so far" style intro video, to briefly give a synopsis of the events leading up to War in Heaven (Including a brief synopsis of AoA, maybe in the style of what a GTVA debriefing on the incident might sound like)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:39:39 pm by Ravenholme »

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp