Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 30474 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fallout wasn't made with the Gamebryo engine.  :hopping:

FO3 was.

Er.... And?  :confused:

And you knew that was what we were talking about, and decided to launch this tangent anyway?  :p

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Well, yes!  I think that it's very important for people who call that game "Fallout" to be quickly crucified.

The only acceptable titles for that game are "Fallout 3" and "Bethesda's Post Apocalyptic Shooter Bonanza."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I didn't play Fallout 3 for more than a couple hours before quitting in disgust, so I know what you're saying.

That said, New Vegas was by the original Fallout developers and I'm tempted to give it a run.

Offline mxlm

I didn't play Fallout 3 for more than a couple hours before quitting in disgust, so I know what you're saying.

That said, New Vegas was by the original Fallout developers and I'm tempted to give it a run.
Not knowing exactly what your problem with 3 was makes this recommendation less vehement, but yes, go get New Vegas.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Can anyone actually understand the lyrics of the trailer's music?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Can anyone actually understand the lyrics of the trailer's music?

I hope not, aren't they supposed to be in some kind of fictional language?

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It's english. I can only understand the first few verses.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Well, yes!  I think that it's very important for people who call that game "Fallout" to be quickly crucified.

The only acceptable titles for that game are "Fallout 3" and "Bethesda's Post Apocalyptic Shooter Bonanza."

New Vegas redeems all. If you still object, you'll be personally crucified by Caesar.

Anyway, Bethesda goes through odd cycles when it comes to writing.

For instance despite Oblivion looking generic I was looking forward to it because of Bloodmoon's quest design and plot. I assumed it'd have that sort of depth and fun despite a bland art style. I was wrong.

Shivering Isles was overall fun story and art wise.

Fallout 3, designed  by the person who did the best quests in Oblivion, was still bland. Which suggests some nasty top-down tinkering by the producers. (considering things holding some Morrowind quests back like the "no betrayal in TES" rule that pissed off its lead writer...)

It pretty much seems that the "money maker" game has the most meddling, followed by letting the team do their job with expansions.

Anyway, if the regular Bethesda producers were completely hands-off and let the team do its thing (like New Vegas, they let Obsidian make the game they wanted), this could be good.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:07:17 pm by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Not knowing exactly what your problem with 3 was makes this recommendation less vehement, but yes, go get New Vegas.

The story was the major problem. Sure, you could do anything, but there wasn't a point.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
New Vegas redeems all. If you still object, you'll be personally crucified by Caesar.

I raise strong objections due to my savegames being corrupted!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

To be fair, you bought an Obsidian game.  You should have seen that one coming.  :P

To be fair, you bought an Obsidian game.  You should have seen that one coming.  :P

Savegame corruption was in the Bethesda made Fallout 3 as well.

They are both developers which ship rather buggy games, although they are also soo awesome in their own right that everyone ignores that. So combine the two and you get the most awesome unpolished gem ever.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
It's like a twist on the battered-wife syndrome isn't it? They beat us time and time again, but they're so awesome that we can forgive this! Also, where else are we gonna go? EA? Ubisoft? Come on... They really love us, and if falling down the stairs one too many times and hitting the doorknob with your face is the price to pay for that love, so be it!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
It's like a twist on the battered-wife syndrome isn't it? They beat us time and time again, but they're so awesome that we can forgive this! Also, where else are we gonna go? EA? Ubisoft? Come on... They really love us, and if falling down the stairs one too many times and hitting the doorknob with your face is the price to pay for that love, so be it!

Comments like this make me happy that I'm working at Epic
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
w00t?!

How's the new Unreal-engine going? :D
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Turambar

w00t?!

How's the new Unreal-engine going? :D

I'm not in Engine QA, just Bulletstorm QA.

If I was in Engine QA, i totally couldn't tell you anything about it.  (we sign NDAs and stuff)
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Are there storms of bullets in Bulletstorm?  I mean, you aren't under a NDA for something like that, are you? :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Turambar

Are there storms of bullets in Bulletstorm?  I mean, you aren't under a NDA for something like that, are you? :P

I can tell you everything that's been released to the public in press releases and videos.  I can even rephrase it so it sounds like something new!

Offline mxlm

I can tell you everything that's been released to the public in press releases and videos.  I can even rephrase it so it sounds like something new!
Please demonstrate this alleged ability.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Turambar

Please demonstrate this alleged ability.

Sorry, this is a Skyrim thread.  Please direct your questions to the Bulletstorm thread.