Author Topic: Just another day at HLP...  (Read 45410 times)

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Just another day at HLP...
these are emotional moments like these that make this thread beautiful. :( Thunder's no longer an admin so I can feel sorry for him now. :(

Oh, this is so sad. :(
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
You know, I got this utility for Unreal Tournament  that allows you to make your own movies with the game's engine, and with some tweaking....

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Originally posted by Unkown Target
You know, I got this utility for Unreal Tournament  that allows you to make your own movies with the game's engine, and with some tweaking....

OOOOOooooooooooooooooh! :D :D :D :D

I've seen a movie using the Quake III engine and it was really good. But hell, you're script would KICK ASS as a Unreal movie! YES! DO IT! I'm willing to help! Hey, and think if you could get all the guys to add in they're voices? :D Ok, I'll just walk back into my cave...
I have returned... Again...

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
you killed off Funder :(

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I think the Red Faction engine would work even better... they probably have a utility for that too...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
That'd be a nice adition to the HLP projects section on the main page: The HLPBB Movie :D

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Originally posted by Unkown Target
That'd be a nice adition to the HLP projects section on the main page: The HLPBB Movie :D

I agree! A movie would be COOL!

BTW Can you add me somewhere? I'd be happy if I'm only just mentioned once.
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
I so want in on that.  by the way, i love this thing.  And fyi, this thing is over 50 pages(just the story, none of the comments).  way to go UT!
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Redfang

:eek2:Keep up the good work! :yes:

It would indeed be nice to see HLPBB movie... :D

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
You shot me! You shot me right in the arm! Why did yo-

Ah well, it had to be done... can I get resurected as a ghost later on in the series? ;)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
It was just an ordinary day at the HLPBB

Unluckily. No one knew that this day was the last quiet day in the history of the HLPBB

One person had a plan.

A plan which would bring the peacefull Forums into...

... Chaos!

HLPBB - The Movie

Written and Directed by Unknown Target

:D
Habeeb it...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I can do the scroller! :D

*Music plays*
The center of the screen starts sparkling; as the sparkles fade away, the HLP forum logo is revealed.
In silence, "32 days ago, in a forum far, far away..." fades in in green letters

*The tension in the audience can easily be sensed*
"HLP WARS" appears with a fanfare
*Cheers erupt from the audience*
EPISODE IV: A New Forum

It is a period of flame wars. HLP members, striking from a "hidden" forum, have won their first flame war against the evil Galactic Coporation.
   During the flame war, HLP modders managed to obtain secret tutorials for the Corporation's ultimate weapon, the PaySpace, a popular space sim with enough cloaking devices to render an entire game useless.
   Pursued by the Corporation's redtaping lawyers, Project leader Thunder races home aboard his T3 line, custodian of the stolen tutorials that can save HLP's members and restore sensibility to the forum...

*The viewers again grow silent*

The camera pans down to reveal two ships fighting- a large Vasudan AWACS, which is being pursued a huge briefcase. Both are firing bullets that seem to move  in slow motion. Suddenly, a missile launches from the large briefcase and slams into the AWACS, disabling it and blasting the array to pieces. The Vasudan ship is drawn up towards the large briefcase, which is even now opening to receive the ship.

CUT to corridor of the ship

Several hardened forum members are in the corridor, obviously preparing for battle, checking their weapon gauges. Their look is clear- that of fear, and determination to do their duty-even if it means death. Then, movement near the door attracts their attention. A clipping error appears at the upper-left corner of the door and spreads to replace the entire doorway; with a flash, it disappears. The audience sees the first of the boarders.

HLP EXTRA #1: Nooobs!
N00btrooper 1: WHY WONT MY BEAMS FIRE!?!??!???
HLP EXTRA #1 falls to the deck, dead or unconscious
N00btrooper 2: WHATS THE SHIP LIMIT FOR?????????
HLP EXTRA #3 collapses
N00btrooper 1: HOW DO I USE BEAM-?
HLP EXTRA #2: Do the tutorial!
N00btrooper #1 stumbles back

I was bored, and in the mood for writing something...and the scroller got a little long :o :nervous:
-C

Offline Redfang

:lol::lol::lol:FSStar WarsHLP!:lol::lol::lol:

:wakka:

*dies*

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
I can do the scroller! :D

*Music plays*
The center of the screen starts sparkling; as the sparkles fade away, the HLP forum logo is revealed.
In silence, "32 days ago, in a forum far, far away..." fades in in green letters

*The tension in the audience can easily be sensed*
"HLP WARS" appears with a fanfare
*Cheers erupt from the audience*
EPISODE IV: A New Forum

It is a period of flame wars. HLP members, striking from a "hidden" forum, have won their first flame war against the evil Galactic Coporation.
   During the flame war, HLP modders managed to obtain secret tutorials for the Corporation's ultimate weapon, the PaySpace, a popular space sim with enough cloaking devices to render an entire game useless.
   Pursued by the Corporation's redtaping lawyers, Project leader Thunder races home aboard his T3 line, custodian of the stolen tutorials that can save HLP's members and restore sensibility to the forum...

*The viewers again grow silent*

The camera pans down to reveal two ships fighting- a large Vasudan AWACS, which is being pursued a huge briefcase. Both are firing bullets that seem to move  in slow motion. Suddenly, a missile launches from the large briefcase and slams into the AWACS, disabling it and blasting the array to pieces. The Vasudan ship is drawn up towards the large briefcase, which is even now opening to receive the ship.

CUT to corridor of the ship

Several hardened forum members are in the corridor, obviously preparing for battle, checking their weapon gauges. Their look is clear- that of fear, and determination to do their duty-even if it means death. Then, movement near the door attracts their attention. A clipping error appears at the upper-left corner of the door and spreads to replace the entire doorway; with a flash, it disappears. The audience sees the first of the boarders.

HLP EXTRA #1: Nooobs!
N00btrooper 1: WHY WONT MY BEAMS FIRE!?!??!???
HLP EXTRA #1 falls to the deck, dead or unconscious
N00btrooper 2: WHATS THE SHIP LIMIT FOR?????????
HLP EXTRA #3 collapses
N00btrooper 1: HOW DO I USE BEAM-?
HLP EXTRA #2: Do the tutorial!
N00btrooper #1 stumbles back

I was bored, and in the mood for writing something...and the scroller got a little long :o :nervous:

I LOVE IT!
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Bump/Update: I'm going out today, so the next part should be done by tommorrow, if nothing goes wrong.

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Can't Wait. :D
I have returned... Again...

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by Dark_4ce
Can't Wait. :D

Same here... but I have to. :sigh:

:p

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I guess the same goes for all of us ;)
Habeeb it...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Srry guys, but something unexpected came up. You're going to have to wait till  Saturday or Sunday :(. Really sorry...

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
ah shoot! :doubt:

(I hope that unexpected is nothing too serious)
Habeeb it...