Author Topic: AWAKENING OF THE BEAST - WIP  (Read 8318 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
AWAKENING OF THE BEAST - WIP

Here is the WIP for the second campaign of mine going on around here...
currently we think we can go to a suitable release state until April or May

There are still points we need:
- new texutres for some craft (PM for details)
- voice actors (list of roles will follow soon)

(Mission list in post 2)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: AWAKENING OF THE BEAST - WIP
MISSION LIST:

00 - Awakening of the beast
01 - Open fire!
02 - Misty Arena
03 - Black Widow
00 - Meanwhile...
04 - Firestorm (WIP) [comment: it was born in worries and it continues to worry all of us]
05 - Underworld
05a - Here, nowhere, anywhere
00 - Meanwhile...
06 - Old friends
07 - Reunited (WIP)
08 - Stormy Night (WIP)
09 - Hidden Title (planed)
10 - Hidden Title (planed)
11 - Hidden Title (planed)
00 - Get the Elite!
12 - Hidden Title (planed)
13 - Hidden Title (planed)
14 - Hidden Title (WIP)
15 - Hidden Title (planed)
16 - Hidden Title (planed)
17 - Hidden Title (planed)
18 - Hidden Title (planed)
19 - Hidden Title (planed)
20 - Bloody Ending
20a - Sacrafices
00 - Outro
[to be contiuned]

Total it will be 23 playable missions and 5 CSMs + a bonus mission allowing you to get 1 elite (Sheridan's!!) Aurora (with better stats and a cool paint job)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:02:24 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

here some screens for all as long as the page is not set up....
btw mission list updated and csm #5 offically added

AotB 01 - OPEN FIRE!

Even while waiting for the support craft you have a nice view on the fleet (EAS Perseus - Midwinter [front]; EAS DeGaulle - Warlock; EAS Minos - Hyperion).

The bad guys return

The last bad ones going down together - Mission Accomplished

AotB 04 - FIRESTORM´

"They look like some kind of pluged chicken" - Whitestars 98 & 124

Who is who?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:29:03 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Looks pretty cool, I'm looking forward to playing it. Any details about the storyline, perhaps? And when does it take place?
Fighting Centauri and rogue(?) EA does not reveal much, but it can't take place during the Civil War, because a Warlock is in it... Hm...
Ride! Ride now! Ride for death, ride for ruin!
And the world's ending!

Offline 0rph3u5

STORYLINE (detailed version without spoiler):
You are a pilot of EA's 22nd Fast-Action-Responding-Force ("22. Schnelle Eingreiftruppe" - orginial concept). You are one of study group of men serving and defending the Earth Alliance whenever needed.
And EA needs to be defended in 2263: Centauri rouges are attacking ISA ship's all around. Some rouge EA commanders form the civil war have not been brought to justice yet.
But the thread is still hidden from our view. Still it is infringed at a place WE can not go to. But what if the enemies of mankind can?

/EDIT: IP don't spoil a thing! alhtough thing have been changing since we chated about it you can ruin much....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 08:14:34 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

That's good, it doesn't present much real information, but it sound's quite cool.
Maybe a Drakh scenario, or... Whatever.
And the world's ending!

Not to go off topic but:

How'd you get that wireframe view in the target part of the HUD?

Offline 0rph3u5

you have to specifiy a key for that:
"toggle wireframe target box" - misc-keys in config

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

There are still points we need:
- new texutres for some craft (PM for details)
- voice actors (list of roles will follow soon)

nobody wanting to help with the textures??
It's just for a single model and we need nothing more than 3 or 4 textures...

voice acting will have to wait a while (having to insert some new roles while making the missions)

==================

Concerning voice acting, what is required to do this besides... well, a voice? Any technical requirements? Programmes?
And the world's ending!

Offline 0rph3u5

Nothing more than a voice, a microphone and a programm to record ....
which one? - I've to ask someone else on that... maybe I can answer this later this day

==================

Offline Sphynx

Audacity is a good recording program, and it's free.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline 0rph3u5

here come those screen which got lost while passing sector 14:

Some new ones:

and the 22nd all lined up:

==================

Offline Slasher

That looks pretty good.  Nice to see the use of the cutscene operators.   :cool:

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Interesting screens...
I'm wondering what ships do jump out near that Narn battlegroup... :confused:
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline 0rph3u5

Nice to see the use of the cutscene operators. :cool:

;) I'm currently learning how to master them... and I'm too far from it  ;)

Interesting screens...
I'm wondering what ships do jump out near that Narn battlegroup... :confused:

Wait and see  :D
maybe you can make up any conspiracy theory  :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 03:19:56 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Okay folks... let us remember this one with a
PROGESS REPORT!!!
Missions
Slasher has joined me a while ago after my friends with those I worked on the project before turned back to RL. We both do great step towards finishing the missions and getting the campaign done.
Cut-Scene-Missions
After some minor fixes all CSMs are fine now.
Misc.
Primus is currently working on a website for us where I can post such news and you may gain some further clues about this campaign. Once it is finished a link will be posted.
In the mean time I'm collecting screens for creating a trailer - Maybe I can finish it before the campaign is released.

BTW. Anyone figured out yet who jumps out near the Narn in the screens 3 posts back??

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Finally nameplates on the Omegas of this campaign (thanks to Slasher)

==================

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
STORYLINE (detailed version without spoiler):
You are a pilot of EA's 22nd Fast-Action-Responding-Force ("22. Schnelle Eingreiftruppe" - orginial concept). You are one of study group of men serving and defending the Earth Alliance whenever needed.

Hi Orph3u5, A proper military term is QRF - Quick reaction force.  I was in the British army for years, so if you need any military advice or slogans, Ill help you out on that one :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Or RDF (Rapid Deployment Force), also long used military term.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light