Author Topic: RELEASE: Dawn of Sol  (Read 55768 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I have no clue what is causing the crash...at all.
It's seemingly random and non-reproduce-able. :/

As for the other one, it works on 3.6.10. If people are on 3.6.11, they didn't read the OP.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The raynor jumped out and it crashed after that. I didn't see the vestige in that mission.

Also in the mission after that, seeds of chaos (thank you good old ctrl+shift+s tech room button combination) I think the waypoints/move orders of the windforce are borked. After it did its first pew pew it turned around and stayed out of range of the Freedom, so I had to destroy it with all of the fighters. Thankfully I could order the carrier (vigillant) to attack Windforce.

same here, but I asked nicely to FSO to kill the ship for me with some cheats.
el hombre vicio...

Offline est1895

Hey! I can't get pass the 3rd mission!! Help please  :warp:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Can't wait to check this out, nice job getting it out the door.  :yes:

Offline Desertfox287

• Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel
I have no idea what "End War" is, but I'm sure going to check this out

Offline Droid803

Is there some sort of bug, or just difficulty?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Mission identity theft
Screw that mission. Seriously, screw it.

There is no way to keep the Fate alive. It's random on how much hull it will be left with after it destroyed the enemy cruiser group. I have to disarm and disable the ship alone cause if I dont all my wing men will blow it all to hell. So that means i'll be busy disarming the damn thing alone. Then, after I finally did all of that there will be a wing of enemies jumping in which will completely and utterly wreck the damn thing with a huge barrage of missiles. All my wingmen are already dead by that point because they are utterly useless.
Or hell, when it was disabled and disarmed I told my wingmen to engage at will (since you know, things are starting to get pretty crowded with all those fighters jumping in) AND THEY DESTROYED IT.
Bloody hell.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Mission identity theft

There is no way to keep the Fate alive. It's random on how much hull it will be left with after it destroyed the enemy cruiser group. I have to disarm and disable the ship alone cause if I dont all my wing men will blow it all to hell. So that means i'll be busy disarming the damn thing alone. Then, after I finally did all of that there will be a wing of enemies jumping in which will completely and utterly wreck the damn thing with a huge barrage of missiles. All my wingmen are already dead by that point because they are utterly useless.
Or hell, when it was disabled and disarmed I told my wingmen to engage at will (since you know, things are starting to get pretty crowded with all those fighters jumping in) AND THEY DESTROYED IT.
Bloody hell.

It's hard, I had the same problems as you did, but you can win with a little luck, just load the disruptor gun (whatever is called) and go straight to the Fate, dissable it and start dissarming.

when the transport docks with it start shooting eveyting down, order your wingmates to attack all, they will ignore the Fate as long as there are enought fighters around.
el hombre vicio...

Offline -Norbert-

I didn't yet have time to actually play the campaign (though downloading a file called Dos_interface for Freespace2 was kina funny :lol: ), but couldn't you first order your wing to attack at will and then immediately order them to ignore the fate?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I can't finish the campaign, in the last mission, after fighting the 3 different destroyers you are asked to dock with the Raynor but nothing happens when you get inside the fighterbay.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

Gahk! Seriously?
EDIT: You want to be within 25m of the fighter bay subsystem...I may have missed a zero there or something.
(´・ω・`)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Mission identity theft

It's quite possible. You have to focus on your mission objectives diligently though. No wandering off to engage the cruisers and pay attention to what's going on.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline est1895

Is there some sort of bug, or just difficulty?

Difficulty in disabling the ship and the mission can not be skipped...

Offline Droid803

Get all your wingmen to help. They shouldn't ALL be dead.
Or you can just...kamikaze yourself into the enemy ship's beam five times and you can skip.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
This campaign isn't bad. I like it.

My only gripe is that the normal maps for at least the cockpits suck.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Did you guys use Dragon's normal maps for the FFP ships?

Offline Desertfox287

• Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel
What is End War anyway?

Offline Droid803

What is End War anyway?

See this:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=57037.0

Did you guys use Dragon's normal maps for the FFP ships?

I think so. ShadowGorrath just stuck them in as a separate VP last second. I was complaining that they would rape performance too hard.  :nervous:
(´・ω・`)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If the BP guys tune up those normal maps any more, we'll send you the improved ones. They don't look great in cockpits.

Offline Nuclear1

Alright, just finished it. 

It was alright--enjoyable at first, but it got really repetitive eventually:  show up, either blow up every hostile ship, disable/disarm a hostile ship, or go after beam cannons.  It's a good start, but it needs some work.  Variety in the missions is a must.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!