Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613720 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
I got Terraria five days ago...
...and I've spent two whole ones playing it

Seriously, not kidding
58 hours on Terraria total
I need like... a life or something
"No"

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
What would you need it for. A life won't net you more video game time.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I got Terraria five days ago...
...and I've spent two whole ones playing it

Seriously, not kidding
58 hours on Terraria total
I need like... a life or something
Maybe not a life, but a bit of variety wouldn't hurt. :p

(Also I should probably start by friending you on Steam if I ever want to hop on for a bit.)

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Hotline Miami  :) got it yesterday and cant stop killing Russian gangsters. :cool: Plus the soundtrack is brilliant

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Maybe not a life, but a bit of variety wouldn't hurt. :p

(Also I should probably start by friending you on Steam if I ever want to hop on for a bit.)

Heh, Variety... I still pop on SK every night
Although the nukedcrew has all obtained Eve Online. They're dragging me into it, but I'm willing to set aside my biased thoughts on it for fourteen days

As for the steam name, usual culprit: deathfun
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Started playing League of Legends on and off. I can't see how people can rage and rant at the game and other players lack of "Common Sense", considering no one communicates outside of pings and the odd acronym.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
started on Mech Hero again and dipped my toe back into online poker in the free rooms
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 After more than a year since buying it, I managed to get Skyrim to run on my PC, playing it now. (Obligatory)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Started playing League of Legends on and off. I can't see how people can rage and rant at the game and other players lack of "Common Sense", considering no one communicates outside of pings and the odd acronym.

there is a lot of stuff I don't get about that LoL.  :)  I've never played it, but it pretty much split my clan apart, with all the raging LoL players had against each other and against non-LoL players in the clan.  they finally got their own TeamSpeak server and a separate application process, even though the clan was supposed to be for all games.  I've just never even wanted to try it out since then.  But there must be SOMETHING to it! 
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

there is a lot of stuff I don't get about that LoL.  :)  I've never played it, but it pretty much split my clan apart, with all the raging LoL players had against each other and against non-LoL players in the clan.  they finally got their own TeamSpeak server and a separate application process, even though the clan was supposed to be for all games.  I've just never even wanted to try it out since then.  But there must be SOMETHING to it!

Tbh, the only reason I actually have fun playing it is because of my friend. We just see it as a laugh.

I feel as if it's one of those games where as long as people don't take it seriously, it's an enjoyable way to waste the better part of an hour.
Get a friend who's played it a little, but not completely taken by the game, make an account and then get ready to laugh at ALL THE THINGS!

At least that's what I do.

I mean if a game will "Borrow"*coughStealcough* things from other games and media (I.E. Youmuu's Ghostblade and Marisa's Final Spark, both from Touhou), then to take it seriously is to add to the rising tide of idiocy.

Long story short: I think it's only really worth getting if you have friends that play it, and no other multiplayer games to burn time with.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

It's really fun when you have a decent group playing together. My friends will often form a voice chat with each other and jump in, four or five of us together. Then it's awesome. You can communicate efficiently, plan things out before hand... it's a major help.

The griefers are the ones who ruin it. And, I mean, you have griefers in every online game, but LoL, being so team-based, gets it particularly heavily. If one person on your team is being an idiot it is entirely possible they will cost you the game. That I can understand is frustrating, but, especially on low levels where the newbies come in, you can't go in expecting everyone to play well.

It isn't fair though that the LoL "fans" expect everyone to have the metagame memorized down to the tiniest detail (my friends like to troll these players by deliberately picking odd but effective builds, watch them complain about "that is not how to you play that champion", and then do well in the game regardless). And even then, some people will give what they think is an "obvious" signal and then get angry when another player doesn't recognize it. I get this sometimes even with my group of friends, as they are all far more experienced than I am.

Funny thing about always playing with a team who is better than me means my skill level is in a strange place. Anytime I play with them, I'm not at their level. But if I try playing at my own level, in just a random game, I'm usually slightly better than the rest of them. Getting beaten all the time by superior players has imparted some extra experience to me, it seems.

tl;dr: FireSpawn is correct: it's most fun when players don't take winning and losing so seriously.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Can anyone recomend a game where you play a nation against other nations that doesnt involve a mass load of information/things to manage?

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Can anyone recomend a game where you play a nation against other nations that doesnt involve a mass load of information/things to manage?

DEFCON maybe?

The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

Risk
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
one level complete in FEAR 3.  no joy on head bob removal.  a decent amount of searching the internet turned up a SINGLE hit, which was a post in some obscure forum also lamenting it and asking for help turning it off.  plenty of complaints and an easy fix for what most thought was a too-narrow FOV though.  but as it turns out i don't notice it nearly as much as i was afraid of. 

on the plus side, the controls are slightly less asinine than FEAR 2.  it still smacks of poor console port though.  after realizing that you don't switch back and forth between PM and Fettel, i was able to get a workable keybinding scheme by not worrying about fettel's controls clearing.  the graphics so far are MILES better than 2, having backpedaled from film grain, soft focus, and making fking everything glow - cartoon mode graphics as i have come to think of it.  still not as hard or atmospheric as 1 though.  unless it doesn't pick up at all, the scare/atmosphere factor doesn't seem as bad as it's made out to be on the internet at large.  however, the audio cues/scare music i've experienced so far IS well and truly terrible. 

that's really about the extent of the good things i can say about it right now.  as for the bad, i get the feeling this game is a collection of every cliche of "bad modern game design" there is.  it's almost like the devs were trolling.  absurd achievement/leveling system with corresponding annoying popups every 10 seconds.  absolutely useless "cover system" that functions EXACTLY the same way as crouching behind **** yourself.  regen health.  pointless and distracting in-game tutorial popups that don't go away.  with associated pictures.  on EVERY INTERACTIVE PIECE IN THE GAME.  oh, i have to press the "use" key to use this thing?  you don't say!  :banghead:
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Really getting into Planetside 2 as of late
So close to getting my A2A missiles for the Scythe. Stoked to finally be able to have a secondary
"No"

still not as hard or atmospheric as 1 though.  unless it doesn't pick up at all, the scare/atmosphere factor doesn't seem as bad as it's made out to be on the internet at large.  however, the audio cues/scare music i've experienced so far IS well and truly terrible. 

It will never reach the atmosphere level of 1, unfortunately.

I can, however, say that it picks up the scare factor around level 3. Never does as well with it as the previous two, IMO, but at least it's there.

And I do recommend playing as Paxton Fettel at some point. Trust me, his style of play is a blast.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Working my way through Star Wars: Dark Forces, which I remember renting for the PS1 probably like 15 years ago.  Nothing like old-school shoot-everything-that-moves goodness.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
nice mongoose

recently gotten very addicted to Bayonetta
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Found an ancient install of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge on this computer (version 1.0.00, install date sometime in 2006).

Still works.