Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621035 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What are you playing right now?
Scout choppers are fortunately fairly do-withoutable as they're more for wide area overwatch behind the lines than pushing the lines up. Recon infantry are the best!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
A bit of Brood War here and there. Also Soul Caliber something or other. It's the one with Yoda.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Scout choppers are fortunately fairly do-withoutable as they're more for wide area overwatch behind the lines than pushing the lines up. Recon infantry are the best!

There's really no substitute for keeping tabs on leading elements or deployment areas though, because they get out of the way when chased so well. (Until somebody buys a fighter to chase them down but I've usually had a couple minutes to call airstrikes before then.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
They can't get out of the way fast enough, generally. Keep them behind your lines, use them as security for your perimeter and rear areas. Don't send 'em up.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Looks like a nice day for a command vehicle picnic!

TEN THOUSAND YEARS

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Looks like a nice day for a command vehicle picnic!

TEN THOUSAND YEARS

And it cost less than doing it with a TLAM :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Let me tell you about the Aardvark that crashed into my T-80s and killed them all.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Somebody buffed iron bombs somewhere because the A-6 became AMAZING when I wasn't looking.

A Feddie Story

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I was intrigued by all the talk about The Swapper, so I went ahead and got it, swapping out BioShock Infinite for now. I've just started, but I'm wowed already. :eek2:

EDIT: Played for a while and still wowed. If you have any interest in puzzle games, get this game.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:41:00 am by jg18 »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Decided to crank the difficulty of Daytona USA 2 Power Edition to Hardest and try racing on Expert with the J.C. Eagle on Automatic Transmission. The slowest car in the game on the hardest course. What could possibly go right?

"Your place: 1st"

Wat. :wtf:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:23:10 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Slowly making my way through Devil Survivor. I'm starting to find out how my dialogue choices might be affecting other characters.

Namely, the fact that letting Midori run around with a spare COMP might not have been a good idea, considering that it reduced the number of days on her death clock. :nervous:

The death clock itself is a pretty interesting game and plot mechanic, by the way. It adds a nice display of possible consequences to your actions.

Offline crizza

Totally fixed on Crusader Kings 2.
As long as I'm emperor, the HRE will endure^^

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Warframe

So far, it's been pretty badass. Haven't put it down since I started playing it
"No"

What's your name?  AndrewofDoom has already started a Clan named the 81st Screaming Weasels in honor of one of the GTD Bastion's squadrons.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
TheCloven since deathfun was apparently already taken
...that sonuvawhore
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Still working on Doom 3, and besides the ever-present flashlight thing, there are a few other elements that I'd personally qualify as poor game design, or at the very least as annoying.  I think Id was trying to go for a straight-up survival horror feel, but they translated that to having new waves of enemies spawn almost every time you walk into a new room, or grab a conspicuous health pack or ammo dump, or have to backtrack to a previous area.  The scare effect doesn't work when you know it's coming around every corner, and I just wind up mashing quick-save every minute in case the next one spawns right in my face and shreds most of my health.  On top of that, while the demons randomly spawning in via portals make a decent amount of in-universe sense, what doesn't are the human zombies hanging around behind all sorts of panels that seem designed solely as hiding places for them.  Nothing kills immersion faster than really game-y elements like that.

Also, like 98% of the game has taken place in the same exact future-industrial-tech environment.  I mean it's a cool look, but dear lord, I want to be able to stare at something other than a bunch of pipes and gauges.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I am going to mash the AI in campaign flat in WALB, because I freaking can.

Some of the units available lack useful units with which to push an offensive though. Cheap tanks (or any tanks) and/or IFVs are really the best way to move into position and shove into someone's backside and some groups just don't have them.

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 I just had the pleasure of playing the legendary mod turned standalone FPS game of my favorite childhood game: TS Reborn

To enhance the awesome: bombing Nod with a Bomber Fleet is ****in' awesome. And some basterd hijacked my Disruptor once, too bad for him as a Mammoth MK II was following my lead. :P

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I am now finally playing Bioshock Infinite.  It's excellent, but the checkpoint-based save system is ****ing awful.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Starting up a BattleTech LP as soon as I get home from training.  Should get the ball rolling in just under a week.