Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 614149 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
That feel in the new Tomb Raider when you, while collecting stuff from the map he's met on, realize that Roth is a goner.

Because he's got dual 1911s.

You know.

Laura's signature weapons. That he's using. Because he's clearly gonna get got and Laura will take them up.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Quit trying to reinvent the goddamned wheel.
You've obviously never tried to code a game. It's muuuch harder to code a save system when the conditions of the save are not known.

hardER, but clearly not impossible, or even hard enough to prevent its general use, given the vast number of games that have used it.  even open-world games.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Because I'm somewhere else at the time of this post, I brought my laptop over...

... and I'm playing Star Fox 64 on emu. And I admit it: The Bolse Defense Platform is full of bollocked bulls__t. Either that or I'm too used to Area 6.

Spoiler:
God DAMN it Slippy, stop asking me to save you!

Also, Deus Ex Human Revolution. Damn, that game is fun.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Lorric

Because I'm somewhere else at the time of this post, I brought my laptop over...

... and I'm playing Star Fox 64 on emu. And I admit it: The Bolse Defense Platform is full of bollocked bulls__t. Either that or I'm too used to Area 6.

Spoiler:
God DAMN it Slippy, stop asking me to save you!

Also, Deus Ex Human Revolution. Damn, that game is fun.

I'm surprised by that, if you can clear Area 6, you should be breezing the Bolse Platform.

Spoiler:
However, if saving Slippy is the problem, I'm sure there's some scripting on that level, because what you said brought back memories, he sucks all the enemies in like a magnet. It's cheap trickery to make him out to be weaker than he actually is.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
just finished bioshock infinite. 

...... eh.  the story really wasn't that good.  it tried way too hard at being all trippy and inception-y.  didn't execute particularly well.  overall, less fun to play than the previous two.
Spoiler:
To boot, the ending can't even happen; if the first Comstock didn't happen, the Brooker that killed him didn't. So... PARADOX!

I finished DS9 The Fallen... with all three characters in about 8 hours. Awesome music.

Offline Patriot

yay, used twitch to record a game just now in WarThunder, **** works!

look up HerrFlex on YouTube for the video(it's a little low quality and oddly shaped due to twitch's settings in WarThunder supporting only widescreen reso's)

Ooh, you play War Thunder?  Esarai, Hades, Aesaar and I also do, or at least try to do depending on matchmaking finding a game for us. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Poor War Thunder.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Been playing World of Tanks still, not as much as before since I lost my company to the server split, and World of Warplanes. Also Dust: An Elysian Tale, a pretty fun and very nice-looking brawler in the vein of Odin Sphere and Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Been playing World of Tanks still, not as much as before since I lost my company to the server split

Clans can still function across multiple servers, they just can't play together unless they're on the same one.  Chat works cross server.  Switching servers is pretty easy, too, and only takes a minute or so, at the longest.

I don't know what it was, but I haven't seen more than a few of them on at the same time since then.

Shadowrun Returns.  Its pretty good, actually.  Currently debating about how much augmentation to equip my elven street samurai with.  Augmented vision is actually a maybe, believe it or not.  The eyes just give +3% hit chance and he's already nastily accurate with shotguns and SMG's.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I'm playing Soldier Blade. I love it. I wish you guys could play it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:02:13 pm by FlamingMamba »

Offline Patriot

Ooh, you play War Thunder?  Esarai, Hades, Aesaar and I also do, or at least try to do depending on matchmaking finding a game for us. :P

aahh, good, i also run a squadron, in case you guys are interested in joining one, trying to get our teamspeak password as i forgot what it is xD

I might be depending on what they say.  I know them but I don't know you. :P

Started up Shadow Run returns but didn't get very far.
Loading time on one mission I noticed was a little looong. Beyond that seems okay.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

played this after reading your post.  starfox is ****ing HARD using arrow keys.  i think i might get an xbox controller or some other sort of gamepad to use for emulators.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin

played this after reading your post.  starfox is ****ing HARD using arrow keys.  i think i might get an xbox controller or some other sort of gamepad to use for emulators.

Pretty much anything that was designed for a controller pretty much sucks without one, unless it's a genre that was always better on PCs anyway (ahem, FPS). I found out my cheap aftermarket PS3 controller is plug-n-play with Windows 8. It was like Christmas come early.

Starfox 64 is freaking awesome. First game I played on the 64. I remember (oddly enough) that Corneria was one of the harder planets to medal on.

Starfox 64 is freaking awesome. First game I played on the 64. I remember (oddly enough) that Corneria was one of the harder planets to medal on.

Early level, low difficulty, means fewer enemies, means to get a medal you need to kill everything.

That and Sector Z drove me crazy when medal-hunting.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page

Early level, low difficulty, means fewer enemies, means to get a medal you need to kill everything.

Don't forget charge-torpedo bonuses! (Such as if you torp two baddies, you get a Hit +1 bonus.)

The original SNES Star Fox (and the unreleased second one) on emu, yes, it was manageable for me to use keys (as you had to fly with a d-pad), but 64... hell no. I played it with a pad (it's a Gigaware one, unfortunately my Logitech Dual Action is starting to show some wear after playing Perfect Dark on emu, Ys and the Strike Suits so intensely). I should up the ante and play with my old MS Sidewinder.

Also, was playing Phantasy Star Zero (I'm still pissed about how I lost my Phantasy Star Online GC files two years ago), cripes, I need to find some Level 80 equipment (and I'm doing the Super Eternal Tower right now, I forgot that took at least six hours to do).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:18:15 am by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.