Author Topic: Need help solving "invalid radar range" problem  (Read 7905 times)

Need help solving "invalid radar range" problem
Hello,

I have the GOG version of Freespace 1 and 2 and decided to give Freespace 1 a go with modded graphics. After much work, I finally got it working with Knossos and freespace open. However, when I changed the UI color, I got hit with the "player file has invalid radar range -1" error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but I'm still getting the same error. I've tried searching for solutions but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Need help solving "invalid radar range" problem
After much work? This should really be a very simple proccess with Knossos, hmmm... If you've faced some obstacles or found that some instructions/explanations are misleading, please post these here. After all, everyone around wants to make the experience more user friendly.

One thing I can think of is to try this again with a new pilot profile, since this bug happens quite often when player files get somehow broken.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Wait.  You didn't try to shoehorn FS1 retail data to work with Knossos, did you?  You have to use FSPort, which is a port of FS1 to the FS2 engine, which is compatible with FSO and thus Knossos.

The error occured when I tried to skip the intro movie, thus preventing me from entering the game and create a new profile.

I tried clicking "debug" until I was allowed into the game. And then I reset the UI. This seemed to solve the problem. I saw this solution elsewhere, but the wording didn't make sense to me when I read it. I thought I was supposed to debug from the settings menu in Knossos.