Author Topic: Storm Front Re-release issue  (Read 1847 times)

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
Storm Front Re-release issue
Been playing through the re-release of Storm Front, and in Storm Front II I'm getting a crash to desktop with no error messages after A3M1 (In Sheeps clothing), just before the briefing for A3M2 (Theophany).  The loading bar fills up completely, and then crashes.  Tried it with the debug build as well, but still no error/warning message, nothing in the clipboard, etc.  Using Knossos and a recent nightly, reinstalled Storm Front and verified integrity, still no dice.

I also checked fs2_open.log to see if anything was hiding in there, but nothing jumped out at me.  I uploaded it through Knossos, and attached it below in case anyone wants to take a look.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Storm Front Re-release issue
Been playing through the re-release of Storm Front, and in Storm Front II I'm getting a crash to desktop with no error messages after A3M1 (In Sheeps clothing), just before the briefing for A3M2 (Theophany).  The loading bar fills up completely, and then crashes.  Tried it with the debug build as well, but still no error/warning message, nothing in the clipboard, etc.  Using Knossos and a recent nightly, reinstalled Storm Front and verified integrity, still no dice.

Confirmed.

I wonder what causes this, because i played through the campaigns before without problems.

I will look into that. Thanks for the report.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:33:49 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Was able to fix this.

This was caused by a faulty fade briefing icon that is used only in this mission.
Actually that is very strange, because i did not changed anything in the briefing icons and i did not have problems in my initial playthrough either.

But nevertheless, i fixed this and this mission is working, now.

Unfortunately the file is in the big effects package, but because Knossos want to upload the whole modification for the new version, i have to reupload the whole thing again anyway.

But the file for the manual download was already updated @ModDB.

You can download that one and put the VP into your "StormFront-2.2.1-B-Nova" folder in Knossos, wait for the Knossos Update (which will cause a complete new download as it seems) or you simply extract the attachment into the mentioned folder, which only include the fixed file in the required folders.
The attachment can be used for the wxLauncher version with the Nova-StormFrontSaga folder, too of course.

Well, actually i hate to reupload 350+MB for a small 6 KB fix *sigh*. But it is unlucky this time, because most of the fixes i had to do in the past were table or mission issues, for that i already use small individual packages.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:52:26 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
Nice.  That fix did the trick for me.  Thanks!