Author Topic: First Shots of the Viper  (Read 6384 times)

You know IP Andrews has been working on a BattleStar Galatica Mod for awhile... I will be helping him soo build up on his original battlestar... It is also going to be seen in Universes, but should be neet... Awsome chart!

Cylon looks simple, but its not, its very curvy with bumps here and there and offset geometry with twists and alot of annoying things.

Glad you guys like this, cause, if you like this, the galactic is gonna blow you away:) I"m not going to be happy until it looks as close texture wise as the show model, and as much model detail as I can spare.

launch pods, landing bay. all will be there, you will start in the launch tubs and get fired into space

bout the only thing I cant do at this point is re-trackting the landing bays.. and that might be possible later
Matris Games
Jason Blaz
Graphics Artist and 3D Modeler

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Too bad this isn't for FreeSpace!  That looks good!

BTW: I simply love the new Viper Mark VII!  Its a nifty looking ship!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Dude why aren't you working for somekind of project around here. your work is awesome
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Good point! How bout it DamoclesX? Wanna help IPAndrews with a Battlestar Mod for FreeSpace2... It is going to be in Universes MOd as well... Use my link to see the mod! Because you got some good work here that should be enjoyed by all! :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Windrunner
Dude why aren't you working for somekind of project around here. your work is awesome

He mods for another game :)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
"Not for Freespace?"  Surely you jest...

Damocles, you would let us use it wouldn't you? (if IP didn't already have it done that is)...

I already sent IP the BC ported Richard hatch "Scarlet Viper" (Months ago) This was the one that was gonna be in the 20 year continuation.. I just found the actual scarlet textures (I misplaced them)...

Compared to the origianl it's very nice, but now with SCP Maybe someone would refine the mesh a bit more and sharpen the textures (bump to 512 or 1024 ect..). It's Canon only in the BSG novels Hatch wrote, but I like it as an "easter Egg"at least...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Took the words outta of my mouth! I will take a look at her sometime in the near future.... In the mean time... I think this is a nice start! :) Maybe DemoclesX would be nice enough to take a look at her, and fix up LOD0? :D

I like that ship

I"m gonna have to steal that design:) I can use the same textures I made for the Viper, just change the paint pattern, sweeeet lol.

The model is designed for the new starshatter engine, but once I get everything done I dont see why I cant give another version to your mod, no point in the current one cause its built from the ground up for bumps, in addition it has a cockpit and pilot that kick the poly count up to 2900.

I notice the other ships dont have that, so its good to stay consistant.

If you want to send me something or ask specific questions best to catch me on msn

[email protected]

I try to visit here, but I"m keeping my self really busy, I bought a 5 set of video tutorials for max and 2 vids for photoshop, gonna brush up on the skills and try to improve/learn new things.

Kind of got a smackdown when I Tryed to model a car for somebody, was a lot harder then I thought it should be lol

Cylon raider is going okay, still needs a ton of work tho, battlestar is layed out, but nothing more then that, and the basestar is not even started, dont have enough reference.

I"m kind of juggeling between making models specifically for starshatter, and making others to sell(need money to upgrade computer, collage = no money for myself!!!)

So... since.. I need to wait for my vides to get here... no point in starting something new..... tomorrow I"ll have a last look at the viper... see what I can do about a version for you guys, at least get an idea.. and then.. ehhehe do that ship up there:) :)

Maby Ill re-make the engine detail to make it look a bit diffferent

anyways.. I"m rambeling again.. so away I go!!!

damnit!!!

I forgot to post links

http://members.shaw.ca/DamoclesX/Preview.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/DamoclesX/prev33.jpg
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 02:09:44 am by 2209 »
Matris Games
Jason Blaz

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Sorry about this , but unless they changed the name of the new character, it's ADAMA, not ADOMA...

Here's a thought, copy it and chnge the text for your name and the original with the Apollo call sign. (that way you have your version (the Dev's) and the "HERO" unit. Just a thought.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

how bout this... dont kill yourself with converting... that is what we do best... you have done awsome on your model... please allow us a go, and see what we can do with her!

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
gj
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Thanks guys

I got caught up in some commercial work, I"m gonna be busy until probably the end of the year,however I fully intend to finish all the battlestar ships, and any other ships.

If you want feel free to post links,pics,designs, anything, when it get time again I will hit them.

We are looking at feb-march for a timeframe when it will be possible to start thinking of a release, I figure we will need a good month with the new engine to get everything figured out and balanced.

If its a lot of work, then we will do just a few ships and get them out so people can have something to play with.

For this freespace gaalctica mod, get in touch with me when you are getting close to reelase, or moving closer, I will mod the viper to work for you guys, I have to rip out some areas, shrink some textures, and remove the bumps/re-texture without them for your engine.

If I get anything done in my spare time Iw ill post it

Just a general update
Viper-Done
Galactica- Modeled
Cylon - Modeled
Heavy Mover - Modeled
Base Star - 50% modeled
Matris Games
Jason Blaz

Offline WOODY

• http://my lycos
JUST for info the original battle star galactica was over 2miles long
and 1mile wide and redused in size for the movie to half scale you can see this when the shutle that is 110 feet long and 48 ft high goes in to the bay means the bay is at least 300ft by 100ft
lots of info on bsg on weapons shild speed

Offline WOODY

• http://my lycos
Forgot to say check out  starship schematic database
at shematics.net. also starship builder.com

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Hey Woody, welcome to HLP!
*warms up beam...*
:welcome:

Welcome to HLP!
Exits are to the rear and left, in case of emergency shotguns are located under the seats. Knife fights are strictly prohibited in favor of more interesting 35mm mortar duels and machete jello wrestling. Heavy weaponry, such as plasma rifles, are located in the weapons lockers, but these can only be unlocked by an admin or a Volitioner. The giant rats in the barracks are not for eating. If you happen to come across a Shivan in the air ducts, don't worry, it's probably just Carl. Toss him your lunch (or your lunch money) and he'll go away. If he doesn't... pray. That's not Carl. That will be all, we hope you will enjoy your stay.
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

any chance you can send me that model in 3ds format

I can work from it to create a much more accurate copy

Dont really want to wait till feb to start modeling this again and I got my work done much faster then I Thought.
Matris Games
Jason Blaz

Offline Raptor

Nice pictures.  Even though it's the 'Reimaged' Viper MkII, that is one well made model.

Those textures certainly makes my HTL Original MkII textures look terrible.  I really need to get the twecked UVmapped version converted (refused every time so far:sigh: )

If anyone wants ingame shots of my HTL Viper, Killfrenzy permitting, I'll post them.
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Thos textures will probably get refined

I have until feb before the new engine is done, so i"m gonna end up tweaking them, since I have different sets for both sides of the viper, I can tweak em to look different

just wait till you see the galactica tho:) its taking a bch long time cause its a lot of texture work, but so far its freaking saweet
Matris Games
Jason Blaz

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
2900 (triangles) is ok for freespace, a bit high, but should go with some good lods.
If you want to go with the easy way, just bake the textures with the bump effect into a 1024x1024 (should be enough..hopefully) texture and give the model to someone to make a test convertion.