Author Topic: Stop the NTF Iceni  (Read 14641 times)

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
The GTVA is primitive, it will never be able to face the true Shivan power. But of course, FreeSpace is a game...and in a game, you must have a chance of victory :doubt:

Ever play Commandos?  :D

Command obviously knew something about the Iceni...why would they let it escape once, then try to blow it up later, then order you to salvage it?

Unless the rebel saboteurs on board the Colossus weren't really rebels... :nervous:

OH SHI-
 :snipe:

Wtf_cl0vvn knew too much...

It's funny how you have that  _   thing in your name - nobody ever sees it.........

*_ turns into  :beamz:*

The GTVA Colossus has a nice little blind spot that everyone knows about - the gap between is engines.  I think you can fit a corvette in there, although when the Colossus reaches )% hull integrity, the......corvette...shortly...follows.

Another idea - the Collie as a massive shivan cargo container ;)
You could fit it in the Sath's arms, right?
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
so the juggernaught that destroyed cappella was just a freighter!? this is worth defecting to the shivans!

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

so the juggernaught that destroyed cappella was just a freighter!? this is worth defecting to the shivans!

LOL Bosch did exactly that  :lol:  Though that would make the Colossus an armed cargo container  :D

Offline Excalibur

No more easy kills for anyone!

As for the topic statement, I wasted all my rockeyes on first try when I was 5 k's out :wtf: ;)

No more easy kills for anyone!

As for the topic statement, I wasted all my rockeyes on first try when I was 5 k's out :wtf: ;)

Eh?  Rockeyes have a max. range of 1.9 km.  You could fire at 2.5 km if your targets were bombers/fighters flying towards you (the bogies get nailed just as the missiles reach the end of their life), but firing at a target moving away from you (NTF Iceni) requires you close in to less than 1.9 km to hit.

If you had Trebuchets or Stilletto's, they would've been good to use but you didn't have access to it for various reasons (if you were in SOC full-time you might've, but the GTVI + SOC wanted the Iceni to escape for their purposes).

Just for fun , I switched to Shivan super lasers and obiliterated the Iceni from five kilometers out . I was still informed that the Icenie had jumped though  :lol:

Also , I blew up the SD Ravanna twice in a row . ;)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Didn't you already say this in another topic?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Just for fun , I switched to Shivan super lasers and obiliterated the Iceni from five kilometers out . I was still informed that the Icenie had jumped though  :lol:

Also , I blew up the SD Ravanna twice in a row . ;)

Um, Shivan super lasers aren't really that cool  :rolleyes: they just have 30 km range (which is actually the range where some FS2 beams cut out; others extend to infinity, but active targetting for AI purposes is far more limited), but they are slow enough to be dodged by fighters.  What you need is the BFRed, that thing hits almost instantly and has true beam graphics (though when fired from a fighter/bomber your screen is totally blinding from the particle glow unless you switch to external view and zoom out a lot).

Oh and, what SD Ravana?  The one you encounter during the Lysander's destruction?

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
But the BFRed won't scratch friendly ships, whereas the Shivan Super Laser, not being technically a beam, will blow up a Hatshepsut in a few shots.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline MercFox1

• DIVE DIVE DIVE
    • Shacknews
...will blow up a Hatshepsut in a few shots.

The REAL reason Command lost contact with the Psamtik...
Steam_ID: MercFox1

Offline Excalibur

I find it silly that something can do that - you'd think it would just blow a small hole in the ship.

The thing is more powerful than BFReds, isn't it?