Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 589014 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Derek Smart might be taking legal action over Star Citizen
600 Dollar :D

Wait when its done ;) Besides the Idris the best armament, armored and fastest ship (like the Reta) and can carry 2 P72 and the 85x or 2 M50 ;)

Chris says even a single Retaliator is no threat to it. But if a Reta wing comes in or worse - a Idris I should flee. No prob. Because the Idris is much slower then the 890J :P
Has a add. Battle Bridge for Command & Control or Electronic Warfare.

Overall 7 turrets. Battle armed luxury Yacht :D
My favorite thing about people buying the jpg's is just how much fun they seem to be having. Not by playing the game, but by imagining having fun with it Someday.
And they get so jolly and excited about all the promised features and equipment that they might get to experience Someday.
Also what the **** is a P72 and 85x?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Hmm I don't know, but I Play it. For example with the Reta Bomber or the Connie :)

http://abload.de/img/screenshot00068ukfi.jpg
http://abload.de/img/screenshot0060o6kto.jpg
Crew :)
http://abload.de/img/screenshot0037uskvr.jpg

This is the P52 Merlin. Size is around an X-Wing with 12m. Can only operate with bigger Ships with Hangar.
http://abload.de/img/screenshot0020mck09.jpg
The P72 is the 4 Laser Version and the 85X Comes with the 890J. Two Person shuttle
http://i.imgur.com/ksKBY2L.jpg
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
So this is how CiG stays afloat.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Aesaar

Deathsnake: you talked about Command and Control and Electronic Warfare addons for the 890.  Tell me about how those are going to work in gameplay terms!  I'm dying to know.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
All those RSI logos and 42s, are those something you chose to put on your ships or is that just an immutable part of the package?
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Aesaar

Nah, those aren't customized because they don't have the design document for ship customization done yet.  Two weeks.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Intending to make ships customizable and putting out this many 'finished' ships without having customization implemented already is... I thought I had grasped the depths of SC's foley already, but evidently I was wrong.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
The 42er Logos on the Aegis ships is why they are in SQ42 SP-Campaign. The other Logos on the ships for the Manufactorer like RSI, DRAKE, MISC, AEGIS, ANVIL, ORIGIN and so on stays.  We can get later own logos for our Orgas. But they are not hurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvogk1i9jeQ
And two more of my JPEGS ships are Hangar ready and soon flight ready :)
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Aesaar

You know, kinda like you see Boeing and Lockheed Martin logos all over USAF planes.  That's a thing, right?

Deathsnake why won't you tell me about EW and C&C gameplay?

It looks like a caricature of an angry duck. More evidence that no amount of details can save the big picture. The concept has to stand on its own, without one million polygons. A lot of SC ships seem to have this issue.

It's disgusting that RSI charges $1000's for hypothetical ships. It's even more disgusting if it turns out to be a scam... which seems likely.

Offline Aesaar

Like I've said before, I don't think it's a scam.  I do think CR wants to build a good game, but he's held back by the fact that he's incompetent.

He's like George Lucas: He really tried to make the prequels good and had all the tools to do it.  His problem was that past success and gross overestimation of his abilities led to him ignoring the advice of people who really did know better.

I hope you're right. His business practices make me doubt his good faith.

Offline MikeRoz

Would this level of hostility be tolerated if we were talking about Blue Planet or Diaspora?

How about Wings of Dawn or Dimensional Eclipse?
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Yea, probably. Especially if it was proven that they were taking thousands of dollars of people's money for arguably little progress.

That being said, it blows my mind that someone would spend $600 on a ship for a game that doesn't exist yet. I could buy an entire FPV quadcopter setup for that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Would this level of hostility be tolerated if we were talking about Blue Planet or Diaspora?

Free projects hosted on this site vs. a for-profit game hosted elsewhere? Apples and pre-ordered pictures of oranges.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
How about Wings of Dawn

This level of hostility against Wings of Dawn was briefly institutional. Your memory's a little short here.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Aesaar

I must have missed the part where BP and WoD took one hundred million dollars from people and were a year late in actually delivering a game with no release in sight.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:35:25 pm by Aesaar »

Offline Axem

Oh don't worry. We've got you covered.