Author Topic: BP 3.6.10 (OLD)  (Read 44090 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
In the mission "Universal Truth", is it normal for Beta and Gamma wings not to show up in mission but show up in ship and weapon selection?

Offline Darius

No it's not normal...I'll have a look into that.

I need some more confirmation from people who experienced previous crashes with "Keepers of Hell" whether it's fixed in this new version.

I have improved orion refit for myself some time ago ,so I have uploaded it.
It's just a POF ,do as description says and it should work.
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.509
I hope it will resolve "Known Issue".

Thanks, I'll look at it and include it in the pack if it works out :) I need the campaign to work without mediavps as well, which is the thing...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I just had a look at the mission

For some reason the arrival cues of those wings and the Temeraire's wings were set to the last event, which was the mission end event...

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I "fixed" it by resetting the arrival cues to "true", which seems to work well enough. I decided against setting them to the arrival of their designated capships, since it would make little difference as they already have delays on their arrival.
I've attached it for further reference.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Darius

Their arrival cue is actually a previous event, which must have got changed to another unrelated event when I was messing around with event order.

The timing of the wings arriving should coincide with the camera already resetted, so I'm setting the arrival cue to an event, rather than "true".

EDIT: Damn. The latest updates to the VP has pushed the rar >100MB, which mediafire doesn't like. Time to trim, or find another host. :(

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:21:15 am by Darius »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Their arrival cue is actually a previous event, which must have got changed to another unrelated event when I was messing around with event order.

The timing of the wings arriving should coincide with the camera already resetted, so I'm setting the arrival cue to an event, rather than "true".

I see

Defending the battlegroup becomes much easier when it's not just Sanctuary Alpha/Beta and Alpha wing trying to defend against the entire Shivan onslaught :)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I'm having a problem with bp-13.  Everytime I try to run the mission I get a crash shortly after starting.  If I run the debug build I get the following message.
Warning: Model 'carrier3t-01.pof' has too many bay paths - max is 10
File: ModelRead.cpp
Line: 3832

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    model_load()    ship_create()    parse_create_object_sub()    parse_create_docked_object_helper()    dock_evaluate_all_docked_objects()    parse_create_object()    mission_parse_maybe_create_parse_object()    post_process_ships_wings()    post_process_mission()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()------------------------------------------------------------------

The message comes up Alpha form up and then Freespace crashes.  Since it happens every time at the same spot I assume it must be something in the mission.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Darius

I've been picking up that error too. It's to do with the Titan pof...the model has 12 fighterbay paths. It's funny, because the game didn't pick up on that previously.

Offline Macfie

I think the crash actually has something to do with the event associated with the solace's hull strength.  I got an error on the event for the solace's hull strength setting when I opened the mission in FSMview.  When I clicked on the event if > 100 I got  a message that said run-time error '9':  subscript out of range.  When I modified the mission to remove the event I accidentally removed the previous event solace hull + 20 and the crashes stopped.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:43:36 am by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The bay paths thing will only come up in debug, which you probably shouldn't be using for normal gameplay anyway.  I was hoping MAX_SHIP_BAY_PATHS could be bumped at some point, since 10 seems rather low, but I haven't heard anything back from the people I asked about it.

Offline Macfie

I wasn't running in debug when I first had the crash.  I only ran in debug after I had the crash.  It doesn't appear the crash had anything to do with the MAX_SHIP_BAY_PATHS, but with an unrelated event in the mission.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
so how do we fix this?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Macfie

I think the crash actually has something to do with the event associated with the solace's hull strength.  I got an error on the event for the solace's hull strength setting when I opened the mission in FSMview.  When I clicked on the event if > 100 I got  a message that said run-time error '9':  subscript out of range.  When I modified the mission to remove the event I accidentally removed the previous event solace hull + 20 and the crashes stopped.

I had no problem playing through the mission with the event removed.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Darius

Hrm... if > 100 was designed to set the variable to 100 if the value got above 100. I wonder if that's where the problem's coming from...judging by your post, it would appear so.

Offline Darius

Just a quick question regarding cutscenes...I notice that in 3.6.10 builds certain types of camera movement results in a zooming-in effect and then panning out to the camera's destination. This is noticeably evident in the opening sequence to "Universal Truth". Does it add or subtract anything away from the experience? Is it something that needs to be changed?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Just a quick question regarding cutscenes...I notice that in 3.6.10 builds certain types of camera movement results in a zooming-in effect and then panning out to the camera's destination. This is noticeably evident in the opening sequence to "Universal Truth". Does it add or subtract anything away from the experience? Is it something that needs to be changed?

To be honest I liked it. It gives it a "Cinematic" feel.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
What are the conditions that force the zooming? In my own experience it happens by chance or when the camera object is behind the camera point

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Dilmah, I recall you posting an experimental cutscene not too long ago. Did that involve an extreme close-up of the background?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Dilmah, I recall you posting an experimental cutscene not too long ago. Did that involve an extreme close-up of the background?

Oh yes I remember that one. I don't know what conditions force it however. My early theory was if the camera object it was panning to was behind the camera point/direction, but I don't think that's entirely true. Using a high camera pan time may cause it in my experience but I didn't write the code or anything so I can't be too sure.