I was shocked and appalled by the assassination
I thought the assassination was a good move
I loved the soundtrack at the end of Pawns
I really loved the soundtrack at the end of Pawns
I thought Delenda Est was too hard
I thought Delenda Est was just right
I love Admiral Steele
I want to kill Admiral Steele

Author Topic: The Massive War in Heaven Census (SPOILERS)  (Read 55425 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Massive War in Heaven Census (SPOILERS)
Gimme yo votes! I gave you 13, please don't screw it up by voting for two contradictory options.  :(

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: The Massive War in Heaven Census (SPOILERS)
I had to look up which one M11 was. It's the one with the Vasudan Logistics ship, FYI.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Fixed.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt has voted.

Admiral Steele is a magnificent bastard. He has great balls.

By the way, I was initially shocked by the assassination, but at the same time, I thought it was a good move.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:22:29 pm by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
@Androgeos Exeunt: yeah, it worked. But he's still bringing the Vasudans into the war unnecessarily.

Offline Vip

@Androgeos Exeunt: yeah, it worked. But he's still bringing the Vasudans into the war unnecessarily.

Well, it still is the GTVA. Terran-Vasudan. If the Terrans fight a war, Vasudans should help. One way or another. Besides, Steele's a smart man. He won't risk Vasudans taking sides any other that his.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline -Sara-

Spoiler:
I identify with the Federation
My lifestyle and principles actually is somewhat alike Mandela's Ubuntu philosophy. I didn't always agree with the Martian attitude though, but I were quite happy to see they still wanted to offer the Carthage another chance for surrender.

I never/could not figure out how to use a checkpoint
I never figured this out. I didn't die much I think and if I did it must have been before a checkpoint.

I threatened the hostage in M05
I decided I wouldn't kill the hostage anyway, or that I would restart if I had to do so, but I worried that calling a bluff would result in it blowing up. Gut feeling, but might be wrong.

I thought Darkest Hour was just right
Felt right to me, as long as I keep checking my friendly target's attackers. Assuming this is the one with the rooks, it is a nice challenge to keep them alive.

I killed Xinny and Zero
I did not think there was an alternative programmed. Is there? I assumed they were an objective, or that I otherwise died. Felt sorry to close that canonical chapter.

I found the Simms conversation easy
After paying attention to the briefing I got it right it seems.

I found the Nyx dogfight too hard
They seemed to be buffed, or my weapons layout wasn't comfortable.

I didn't understand the pointbuy system in Aristeia
First I ordered a strike and expected missiles or so. It seems they sent fighters or gunships out. Where did they come from? Were they in the cargo bays of a ship or did my Tev communicator talk to friendly forces by tapping in a Tev ship? Or was the Tev communicator not jammed as it is Tev technology?

I thought the Vasudan logistics incident was a terrible accident
I saw it as misunderstandings piling up. I really hoped for a good ending. Unfortunate.

I felt good in One Perfect Moment
Assuming it was the Lunar mission, I was happy to see the bond between Simms and Laporte was confirmed to be both ways, or so it hinted.

I thought the assassination was a good move
I felt sorry, but expected that a lone shuttle pod wouldn't survive. It makes sense why the Tev's let a few GTF Pegasus fighters fall into Federation hands.

I really loved the soundtrack at the end of Pawns
I liked a lot of the epic soundtracks, I'm sure I really loved this one, even though I can't remember straight away. :P

I thought Delenda Est was just right
It was doable if I check my target's attacker, but I'd like some more breathing space between waves!

Admiral Steele
A desperate man who takes desperate measures. I don't think he's the type of guy to change and he'll probably die, but I won't wish him dead.

Correct me if I got some missions wrong, please!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:43:31 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Someone added love/hate Steele options :confused: I can't change my vote!  :hopping:

* Aardwolf wants Steele dead

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's set to allow vote changes, but you still only get 13 votes total and I can't figure out how to change that.

Really, you have to let us choose both "I love Steele" and "I want to kill Steele". Can't I love him as an admirable opponent whom I still want to strangle to death with my own hands?

EDIT:

Also, maybe I'm the only one here who thinks so, but overall - i the long run I can't say I think the assassination was a good thing. It might just win the war against the UEF for the GTVA - but if the truth ever came out, it will probably compromise the Alliance between Vasudans and the GTA. From my understanding they would be outraged at being deceived like that.

So, yes, I think Steele might have risked a bit much there.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:53:12 pm by SomeGuyWithAName »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I still can't change my vote.

Offline Infamus

But maybe they were all...
Accidents.

HAVE YOU LISTEND TO A WORD I HAVE SAID? THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON!

the missions where fine, just stay away from the cross-fire, and NEVER aproch ANY ship directly, they WILL gun you the hell down, just like on insane with the old AI. Its better to strafe them. unless of course you open fire with LR weapons and dodge at the last moment leaving them with a missile to the face after your guns have taking out their shields and part of there armor. (i recommend the Rapier (duh))
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Spoiler:
I identify with the Federation : They are the one that understood that a civil war amongst humans won't help us fight Shivans. Especially since Shivans can't be defeated with warships. It's pretty obvious that becoming the new Creators of the Preserver-Destroyer-Creator triumvirat is the only chance of survival for the Terrans and Vasudans, and the spiritual and peaceful approach of the Ubuntu is much more likely to succeed at this than the GTVA war-loving approach.
I called the bluff in M05 : Not sure it would work, but I considered that terrorists wouldn't be deterred by one of their pilots taken hostage.
I understood the pointbuy system in Aristeia : Very clever system. To answer to -Sara-, it's because the fighter was using a Tev communication system that it wasn't jammed, and that it was able to call for reinforcements from the UED Toutatis.
I thought the Vasudan logistics incident was a terrible accident : the UEFg Hesperia could have hold its fire when it realized there was nobody firing at each other on site. Especially given that the UEFg Indus could perfectly have taken the GTCv Arethusa out on its own long before its arrival if it was necessary.
I was shocked and appalled by the assassination : but not really surprised coming from the SOC. They want to eliminate the Ubuntu threat whatever the cost, and whatever the means, even if they must leave what makes us human and worth being saved by the Vishnans someday.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Spoiler:
I Identify with the GTVA
I Identify with the Federation

I refuse to call that a contradiction.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It's set to allow vote changes, but you still only get 13 votes total and I can't figure out how to change that.
It wasn't set to allow vote changes. When you create or edit the poll, there's an option to set how many votes are allowed. I've set it to 50.

Offline Madcat

Spoiler:
I managed to get the Simms conversation right(?) the first time (at least it somehow worked out well), but it was more like guesses somehow guided by what I read in the briefing. So although I voted "easy", I didn't really think it was easy. ;)

I got the pointbuy system right, but actually thought at first that I would call in TEV reinforcements, like calling in a SSM strike before they can realize they would shoot their own ship. But I wondered why Simms had the codes for a TEV comm system at all, and when I saw the array of options I figured out how it was meant.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt has re-voted.

By the way, love hurts, so if you love and want to kill Steele, perfectly understandable.

One Perfect Moment somehow made me feel both good and bored at the same time.

I don't find myself aligning with either side, though. I'm still an observer on this one.

Amazingly, nobody (at this point of typing) thinks DH is too hard. Maybe QuantumDelta would.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Madcat

DH was one of the few missions were I actually died... learned my lesson then about merrily doing the happy banzai dive on a capship in a fragile fighter without being ordered to do so.  :D

Quite funny that by now without any thinking the typical reaction to an arriving enemy capship is to immediately afterburn in its direction and try to take out beam cannons. Only when my cockpit lit up with flak and beam fire and my hull dropped rapidly did I realize this time it was not a good idea, but it was too late...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:41:56 pm by Madcat »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt looks at the votes.

Okay, who decided to let Xinny and Zero shoot them down? :wtf:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Vip

* Androgeos Exeunt looks at the votes.

Okay, who decided to let Xinny and Zero shoot them down? :wtf:

Me. I mean, how could I shoot down people who flew with me into the lion's den 18 years ago and who only tried to rescue my good old squadron leader, Captain Al'fadil (sp?). Come on. Besides, you can still go on with the campaign even if you get shot down.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:14:54 pm by Vip »
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred