Author Topic: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2  (Read 40697 times)

Offline Hoot

• Jugger. First *real* post-apocalyptic sport.
Re: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2
Sounds interesting! I will send you files once my equipment (a Sennheiser 421 II and presonus preamp; nothing fancy)  is up and running again.
Just one question: Can one see how many contributors have already sent in files for roles, i. e. so one can choose one of the roles that are not too popular?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:49:07 am by Hoot »
First encounter: ELITE. Later: X-Wing. The eclipse: FS2O. Ah, and a fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger in real life.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
As far as I know, there isn't officially a way to see it. The usual rule is to audition for as many roles as you like, the more, the better.

That said, it would be nice to know if any roles are especially in need of more auditions.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
It would be great to have an update on this. I am personally thinking of giving it a shot, but I'd like to know which characters have been set in stone since the last update to not audition in vain.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's up to the voice acting coordinator to coordinate this stuff.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
True, although presumably, casting decisions are made by the BP Team and not the voice acting coordinator?

Offline Sarevok

Are the audition lines as subsmitted (neary a year ago?) still the ones you seek? I just completed the WIH campaign and after playing it I see it has as much potential if not more than AoA.

As such I would love to help out in any way I can, but since the thread has been cold for a while without any updates from OP - are the roles still in demand?

I don't know if it has been answered before, but is it requested to have a "better than average" hardware for recording? More directly, a laptop mic should suffice?

Wanting to cast some lines, but worried about the hardware...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
A laptop mic should do fine. Try really hard to avoid clipping.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Audacity is free and can remove poppy clippy stuff.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline ehlijen

Hello,

Is the OP list still up to date or have some roles been filled yet?

Recently acquired a half decent mike, so I'm thinking of trying a few roles. Any advice what a deep male voice with a sadly unshakeable german accent would be best suited for?

Yep, I'm also a longtime BP and FS2 fan who'd like to know what the status of this is. If there's openings, I'd be happy to help fill them. Let us know! :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I haven't heard a peep from the current voice acting coordinator in a while.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I apologize for lack of updates. As it stands I've actually been very busy and haven't even able to devote time to this.  The most I've been able to do is lurk and have about five minutes of time on IRC. I'll do my best to sort things out but right now I can say that almost nobody has auditioned for bigger roles, just smaller secondary roles. The few that we do get for those that have more than 3 lines or so were panned.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Hello together,

been a while since i checked back in these forums. Already played AoA and WiH when I found this topic.

Since both BP mods struck me dead center I gave myself a push and decided to answer to this call.

Submission for Admiral Calder is underway (at least I hope that E-Mail reaches its target, because it is about 8Megs - i recorded all lines of Calder I could find).

A few questions, if I may:
1. Cobra do you have an updated list of what main characters are still missing?
2. Is there some sort of information around, about what mood this or that person should have in a particular moment?
   I found it pretty hard to grasp of how Calder should feel when he was in this or that situation (I opened the mission files with a text editor and pulled the messages from there) -or even if there where additional noices to make (grunts, snorts, laughter and such)

Hope I can help.

Offline Husker

Is the call still given?

I can provide decent voice acting if you need people for it.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Do it. Unless we hear form the voice mastah that it's closed, I'd send one in.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So, I have an update. While I've largely lost the drive to continue this considering the undertaking is much more massive than I'd anticipated, I'm going to attempt to get back into the swing of it. It's not closed but getting auditions for only secondary and tertiary characters 99% of the time makes things much more difficult. That said, I probably can't do too much anyway, as it seems the Air Force has had enough of my **** and has put me on the latest rollback, so I'm working on getting outprocessed and preparing myself for the drive to New York.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Husker

One thing I won't do though, is cuss. Every other part, but I will not say anything I wouldn't in real life.

That said, I'll try out for Ranvir control.

Offline Husker

My computer only records to .wmv format. Is there anything to do to get it to .ogg or .wav formats?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Audacity is a good choice.