Author Topic: VA status/Launch Date?  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Aether

VA status/Launch Date?
Hey,

Don't want to be annoying or pressuring but what's the status with the VA for R1 and the release date?

Also if you need a VA for R2 over the summer then I should be free!

Looking forward to the release and I'd like to give ye all a pre-thank you for all the work you've put in over the years to give this to BSG fans.

Cheers!

RS
So say we all!

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Re: VA status/Launch Date?
The first rule about Diaspora is do not talk about Diaspora. :D

That aside, the VA thread has been silent for a while now, and it has been locked. So you can probably assume that the team does not need VA.

As for R2 VA, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Lets wait for the release of R1 before we start planning R2.

As for a launch date for R1. It is closer than it was when people last asked. But it is still not today.

I can say that work is still ongoing and the project is alive, so just because the board is quite does not mean the project is. They are just hiding from the NBC lawyers that might be out to get them.  :nervous:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
Correct... :)

Ah: The second rule about Diaspora is do not talk about Diaspora.
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline newman

Also if you need a VA for R2 over the summer then I should be free!

We generally don't do VA until we're confident the missions dialogue won't change. That means a fairly late state of completion. For R2, I can pretty much guarantee that we won't be doing VA for it this summer, or this year for that matter. Master_Drow is pretty much right on the money about having to release R1 before we can even think about anything else. Speaking of R1, as you can see we no longer need VA so you can use that to draw your conclusions until we come out with something official :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's most likely a pipe dream, but it'd be great if it came out somewhere near the end of June (20 something, or 30). That's when my school ends, so I'd have a lot of time to play it.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
FringeSpace has been going for 6 years... *in Vader ESB voice* pray Diaspora does not take longer...
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Aether

Cool!

Looking forward to it :)
So say we all!

Offline Vip

That question probably pushed the release even further ahead :P
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline newman

Oh, yes. We were ready to release on Friday but decided to wait for 16 months after this question.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Al-Rik

Oh, yes. We were ready to release on Friday but decided to wait for 16 months after this question.

Noooooooo  :eek:

;)

Time enough to collect money for a good head tracking device and to build a cockpit :D

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
We're actually in a cool little release-date cabal with Gabe Newell. Anytime someone asks about HL3, Diaspora gets pushed back. Every time someone asks about Diaspora's release date, HL3 gets pushed back.

Duke Nukem Forever and Starcraft 2 used to be part of the pool, but they backed out. Cowards.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
But Star Command might be joining the pool. Still in talks.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Right up there with Fighter Ace  :lol:

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I'm going nuts with anticipation here! Who's the cylon holding up the release?!
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
That information is classified, and the immediate release is denied.
Lets call him Stan, and this is part of his plan.
Due to his plan we can't tell you when a release will be, just hang in there and we will see.

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
I have altered the Release Date, pray that I do not alter it again.
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...