Author Topic: Planet Explorers  (Read 29478 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

And this a quickly builded Orion, just to show it can be done.

Offline Lorric

YOUTUBE: "Hey, you're too fast for me! I haven't finished processing it yet!"  :D

Offline Lorric

I watched all three videos. I know it's only alpha, but it looks like a cheap and cheerful sort of game. Something to keep an eye on.

Loved the "turtle turnover" in the first video. I'm sure you know what I mean  :D

Offline ShivanSpS

The game improved a lot from the free version, but it still have lot of stuff bugged, half implemented features and lots of things that arent done.

For example on 0.6a they added creating advanced building in the creator as well helicopter/vtols, no one had any idea how to make a working helicopter/vtol, we had to figure it out the hard way, it was a REALLY hard job to make the Herc to fly, has is maded of steel, it is way too heavy, thats why it cant get too high, and how it losses altitud while turning, no idea of why, my other helicopters does not do that.
The Orion i did it in a hour or so, just to see how "minecraft" style building works on the game, but its not the only way to build, at least not for small buildings.

http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=2129.0

http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=2130.0

Everything is in a very rudimentary state atm.

Offline ShivanSpS

GTT Elysium

Offline Lorric

So you talked about the Hercules being unwieldy, then you make yourself that thing!  :D

Amusing. How does it handle compared to the Hercules? It's like a flying brick!  :lol:

Offline ShivanSpS

Its made out of copper, the Hercules is made out of steel, they both have 15 engines. Its hard to fly, when turning it losses hight like the hercules, its probably some balance issue(cockpit likely), or bad engine placement, but while working on a space ship model there is no much to do, i place the engines where i can :P Later on when we can place more cockpits and cargo storage containers it will probably fix the balance issue.

Im also no using the mirror tools because i have no idea how it works.

Offline Lorric

Thanks.

What are you going to create next?

Offline ShivanSpS

I have a Fenris in WIP, but the angle limit for making soft diagonals in voxels is a problem to make the central body, also is way too heavy to fly.

Maybe ill do the scape pod out of wood, sounds like it will work as scout ship.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:11:50 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline ShivanSpS

0.61 was released and it fixed the lossing height while turning thing, now the hercules and Elysium flys better than ever, aslo the Elysium now can carry NPCs around.

Also the missile launchers can now be used, im tempted to do the Medusa...

Offline ShivanSpS

Exploring a cave i found earlier. I did dig down a tunel on the mountain until i ended inside a massive cave, them digged out a tunel so i could get in/out easily.

Offline Lorric

6:12, 6:36 - sneaky creatures, aren't they...

Your companions are funny trying to shoot through walls and floors. AI needs some work I see... :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Look like fun. Might have to try that game out.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline ShivanSpS

With so many things and features still not in-game i dont think that will have any priority anytime soon, still they where invulnerable in the previous version, so at least they can die now, in fact the game improved a lot from 0.60 to 0.61, the companion AI is really bugged, they get stuck, like other npcs, they do not use healing items, or even consume ammo, also it has been say that one could put a companion to work, like chopping down trees or mining, that just dont work now.

still i starting to like enemy AI, they are not very inteligent yet, but for animals works quite ok, espacially the ones that attack in packs, so far the world is really dangerous just with animal life, especially in the forest, so many predators that attack in packs.

And the Elysium is performing quite good as well.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:52:35 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline ShivanSpS

I just need to get some resources to build it now on history mode.

I did the best i can, i gona try to fix a few ugly things first.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:35:00 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Colour me impressed
"No"

Offline ShivanSpS

So, we're going to release a a0.62 in the next 2 days, with Linux and Mac builds as well. This build doesn't add any features, it fixes a lot of the current bugs as well as some balance tweaks.

Looking forward, we'll probably release a a0.65 build between now and a0.7, probably in late September. We haven't decided what to put into this build yet, mostly just story progression, probably.

A0.7 will be the biggie. We're changing the way we build in the world, you're going to get block and angles for shapes instead, the resolution will be at 1/4 meter, and yes, you can change the size of the brush from 1/4 all the way up to 1m. For a 64bit build, this could be even smaller, say 1/8m. You asked for it, you got it.  :) Because of this, buildings will now be done on the outside and not in the editor. So we'll rewrite some of the colony coding. If we work fast, we might get this in for a0.65.

The other thing we drastically changing is the creations editor itself. We'll aim to allow you to turn the object, turn the templates, decals, bevel, smooth, more colors, add effects, and most importantly and awesomely, import your own textures (up to 16 per iso).

Oh yeah, and the adventure mode will be focused on, we're aiming for random set generation by this build, so you can get a random alien town. And we'll be taking a look through that suggestions thread to see what we can pick up.

And more, like farming, npc jobs, boats, pvp in multiplayer, etc.

So the bad news is it won't be here until sometime in November.

Importing textures into creations, thats calls my atention.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:51:10 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I got the game, activated it, but it's crashing on start :(
I R sad panda.

Offline ShivanSpS

it gives you an error?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just a crash.
From what I read on the forums, could be related to my ATI HD4870 card.

Will try it on my laptop.