Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale Discussion Thread  (Read 14699 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Re: Steam Summer Sale Discussion Thread
Have an extra Torchlight card, and still need Tomb Raider, Skyrim, and KSP.  Hit me up if you need dat.

I'll give you KSP for torchlight.

steam id: mobius_12002
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sweet, friendered.  Only a couple more and I can stop bugging people. :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I've got a spare Bioshock and a spare Prison Architect free to a good home.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
pls for giving the prison architect
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Who am I looking for on the steam group?

A Feddie Story

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Tomb Raider card up for grabs in exchange for anything other than Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Reus, Skyrim, and Football Manager.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've got some spares.  2 dead islands, a prison architect, and skyrim.  but i have no idea how to trade or give away or whatever, or generally how any of the "social" crap on steam works.  although i did join the HLP group the other day, so there's that.  steam name is sultanofsick.  the others i have are tomb raider, football manager, and chivalry, but i don't know how to figure out what i'm missing. 

if you want them, give me some instructions on how to give/trade them.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You clearly need to play some more games with items in them. :p

Hovering over your big ol' account name in the Steam window produces a drop-down menu with a link to your Badges page; the Summer Getaway Badge will presumably be the top one there.  Alternatively, the info link on the top of the main store page has an option to view your summer badge progress.  To trade with someone, you can select it from the drop-down for their name on your Friends list, or just open up a chat window with them first and then do it from there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:43:42 pm by Mongoose »

Hey Klaustrophobia, I'd like your Dead Island card, and can supply a Tomb Raider.

I've sent you a friend request, it'll pop up at the upper-right corner of your Steam window as a green highlighted envelope. Accept the request, and then when we're both online, it's a simple matter of opening your friends list, select a friend, click the drop-down arrow and click "Invite to Trade". Big ol' trade window opens and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

Who am I looking for on the steam group?
steam id is mobius_12002

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
trading would be a lot more convenient if both people didn't have to be on at the same time.  propose/accept kind of thing. 

btw, i have tomb raider.  i need kerbal, reus, torchlight.  i'll still give it to you if you don't have any extras of those though.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
trading would be a lot more convenient if both people didn't have to be on at the same time.  propose/accept kind of thing. 

btw, i have tomb raider.  i need kerbal, reus, torchlight.  i'll still give it to you if you don't have any extras of those though.

I have a spare Kerbal. (I also have an FTL Stealth and HL2 MetroCop if anyone needs those.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:53:17 pm by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I now have both a spare Tomb Raider and Football Manager.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've got... cards. Lots of them. Lots of Skyrim and Kerbal duplicates. I don't really know what else because I'm not at my home PC with Steam and dodgy internet.

I'm pretty much giving them away since I don't really want them. I'm fully aware that this will probably bite me in the ass later but I don't really care.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
This is completely legit.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I lol'd.

That wouldn't really give you any way to avoid being screwed over, though.  The point of making both parties have to confirm before the trade is completed is to stop someone from removing all of their items at the last second.

All righty, have an extra Dead Island, and I just need Skyrim and Tomb Raider.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:05:08 pm by Mongoose »

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
steam id is mobius_12002

Well now all we need is to actually be on at the same times.

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Hilarious image.  :lol:

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I lol'd.

That wouldn't really give you any way to avoid being screwed over, though.  The point of making both parties have to confirm before the trade is completed is to stop someone from removing all of their items at the last second.

i don't get it.  how could that screw anyone? 

person A: i'll give you ___ for ___.
person B: sure - trade made
                 no deal - nothing changes hands
                no, but how about ___ instead - person A now has same options

nothing happens until both agree.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You do have a point, but then you run into the possibility of getting a bunch of unsolicited trade offers piling up that you have to deal with, as well as the question of how long trades should stay open before the expire, or how many times you can jump back and forth with changes, and so on.  I don't have a whole lot of experience, but all the games I can think of with individual trading systems all operate in real-time.

All right, one final bugging.  The only one I still need is Skyrim, and I have extras of Dead Island, Football Manager, and Torchlight.  After I get Skyrim, I'll still trade 1:1 if people need one of the extras.  My profile name is PD_Top_Gun, since I don't think I've mentioned that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:23:32 pm by Mongoose »