Author Topic: Starbound Beta Vid  (Read 2411 times)

Thought some people might be interested in seeing some gameplay of what many consider to be a spiritual successor to Terraria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5b2ybvOPHE

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
My question is how this'll compare to Terraria 2 when that eventually comes out

Still getting this though.
"No"

apparently toby 'radiation' fox is doing the music? this continued invasion of the video game world by homestuck people is getting ridiculous
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
oh god what

apparently toby 'radiation' fox is doing the music? this continued invasion of the video game world by homestuck people is getting ridiculous

Homestuck people?

Homestuck people?

I've been waiting for this day...

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK

Quote from: knowyourmeme.com
Homestuck is an interactive webcomic created by artist Andrew Hussie and is the 4th comic series to be published on the website MS Paint Adventures. It has gained a significant fanbase on the Internet, and many fans have directly collaborated with Hussie on the comic.

Toby Radiation Fox does a bunch of the music that accompanies some of the animations. Here's one album that he did some of: http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/homestuck-vol-5

Oh okay, yeah I looked up Homestuck on wikipedia or somesuch but I didn't see any mention about a Toby.
So these people are looked upon with some disdain I take it?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

Pretty much all of the soundtrack is credited to Curtis Schweitzer. Even if it is a pseudonym for Toby Fox (or vice versa), as much as I detest Homestuck, I'm actually pretty fond of the soundtrack so far.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter

Pretty much all of the soundtrack is credited to Curtis Schweitzer. Even if it is a pseudonym for Toby Fox (or vice versa), as much as I detest Homestuck, I'm actually pretty fond of the soundtrack so far.
The soundtrack was never one of the aspects of Homestuck I had a problem with anyway.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Schweitzer was on the Homestuck music team too! This **** goes all the way to the top
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.