Author Topic: Inferno News  (Read 42166 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Don't push him.  Woo said that it'd be done this year and that's better than I would have expected.  Just assume that it'll be in December so that anything sooner will be a pleasant surprise.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Maybe Autumn, maybe not.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I thought the released will be for soon ? not this far..

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Well, take a look at the R1 stuff. Now imagine all that, redone, plus a hell of a lot more. There's a HUGE amount of great stuff in the new one, and its only getting better.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I said that, just because i read before than one of them try to gain the best compression to be released.

However, i'm still happy if Inferno 2.0 is a HUGE campaign.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If I have the installer planned out and ready, it takes less time for me to compile it once we are ready.

Hi guys. Just wanted to pop on and say congrats to all involved in the HUGE task involved in the making of this project. What a GREAT piece of work you guys have here.

I played your game on the latest SCP without problem. It was QUITE a bit different with voice from the first time I played it under retail, let alone the pure beauty unleashed by SCP. WOW! those ships look breathtaking!

I was wondering if there were anymore missions made under the inferno engine out there anywhere?? I would like to Fred some with full voice for release, but with a slightly different storyline. Sort of Inferno/Freespace cannon, is that ok?

I really liked mission 14 in the campaign. It reminded of the Midway mission from way back a little.

Once again what an SUPER job you guys have done making what I see as the best mod out. Cheers.

:jaw:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by RED DIAMOND
I was wondering if there were anymore missions made under the inferno engine out there anywhere?? I would like to Fred some with full voice for release, but with a slightly different storyline. Sort of Inferno/Freespace cannon, is that ok?
If you're looking for Inferno campaigns to play, Blaise Russel's Sol: A History is a very good place to start.

If you want to create your own Inferno campaign, go right ahead.  The readme encourages this sort of thing. :)

The pace of progress is really good at the moment, there's a lot of quality stuff being made here at the moment.

For those who are confused why its a large job, release 2 is a complete remake of Chapter 1, plus the new Chapter 2 aswell.

Originally posted by Goober5000
If you're looking for Inferno campaigns to play, Blaise Russel's Sol: A History is a very good place to start.

If you want to create your own Inferno campaign, go right ahead.  The readme encourages this sort of thing. :)

Well, I tried to play SOL and it crashes everytime. Inferno ran without a hitch even on the SCP version. MAN do those ships look GREAT or what?????:yes:

I was thinking about a small episodal release deal. I am just not so sure I like the idea of the EA being the enemy. In view of that fact it may just be cannon/parallel universe, but still loads of fun.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 07:45:57 pm by 2812 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Sol: A History is a mod for Inferno R1, but it hasn't been configured to run with the Inferno R1 SCP patch.  There needs to be some table alterations to SAH to make it compatible with the SCP patch for R1.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline -Norbert-

I could run it without problems.
I have all the Inferno vps in a seperate folder. And in that folder I also put all the files from Sol: A History. Well... to be more exact into the data folder within the inferno folder.
And then I only had to select inferno as mod in the launcher and it I worked.
But I had to move the tables somewhere else, when I tryed to play Inferno itself after finishing the Sol wars, because the tables outside the vp seem to have higher priority to FS2.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hopefully the way the new INF: SCP is designed should reduce these kinds of errors.

The main files are in the default data directories and not VP files. This will make it easier to patch and to replace minor files. Mods will use the -mod directories and should use modular tables to add new content. This should reduce the need to update individual mods if they only add new content, as the modular tables will add the new stuff to the end of the standard tables. Once patched the main tables should apply changes to all mods unless they include an entry in the modular table from the unpatched tables.

Obviously no-one should edit anything in the data directory however, as you may break something and would have to reinstall.

I'll hopefully get time to write some instructions for those who aren't too confident with editing the files and using SCP mod features.

Woo can I have my avvy now ;7

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
*is tempted to ask same thing*

Wait... Better at least show a finished mission :p

*runs off to continue fredding*

AHTW

yea seein as how Woo askd us for evidence we wa doin summat first :rolleyes:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Some of you have been added to the HLP staff list, so only the avatar system has to be run by an Admin.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by SuperCoolAl
yea seein as how Woo askd us for evidence we wa doin summat first :rolleyes:

Yeah... I'm gonna go fix that :D

*stops dragging thread OT*

AHTW

Originally posted by -Norbert-
I could run it without problems.
I have all the Inferno vps in a seperate folder. And in that folder I also put all the files from Sol: A History. Well... to be more exact into the data folder within the inferno folder.
And then I only had to select inferno as mod in the launcher and it I worked.
But I had to move the tables somewhere else, when I tryed to play Inferno itself after finishing the Sol wars, because the tables outside the vp seem to have higher priority to FS2.

I got so frustrated with SOL not working that I downloaded the OTT ships and modded four ships myself for my own mini campaign :mad:

:lol: No worries, I think I will try it this way and give SOL another shot. Afterall, if its Inferno you know its HOT!

Do I hear a vacuum cleaner? :)