Author Topic: Screencap Contest June 2019  (Read 4680 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Screencap Contest June 2019
Welp, I’ve lied to you all, it’s actually up this morning. Some may find my themes to be unconventional.

With that said, fellow HLPites, June’s theme is ship waifu. Essentially, post screenshots of your favorite canon or non-canon ship doing its thing! Remember, there are rules to follow, and any violators will be summarily executed.

The rules are:

1: No HUD! (Jump nodes are ok though!)
2: Images must be presented as they would be as seen with only the FSO engine rendering the image. Remember that these entries help to show off what the engine can do for new players! So that means no after the fact photoshopping (except for cropping), and no external shader programs (reshade and the like). No lens flares, contrast shifts, colorizers, etc.
3: Max 3 entries per person!
4: Again, these screenshots are a way to promote Freespace and the FSO Engine - let's keep it in good taste.

With that said, go out and take some pretty pictures! Remember to use the Screecap script to take the best screenshots that credits can buy!

Scoreboard for this year:

Nightmare: 1
Colt: 3
MitoPL: 1
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Screencap Contest June 2019
June’s theme is ship waifu.

*inapproriate joke about assigning the "female"-attribute and pronoun to ships and aircraft in allegory*

Now that that's out of the way, I am off on Ravana-safari.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I was about to say that there's going to be a mass of Solaris entries, but now that I've seen the month's theme...

I think I'll have to take a look at JAD or WoD. :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline NeonShivan

I was about to say that there's going to be a mass of Solaris entries, but now that I've seen the month's theme...

I mean, it doesn’t say it has to be WOD or DE...
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I'm generally having a hard time imagining which ship could be considered waifu.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline AV8R

Kayser fire - Ares style.  :cool:

I'm generally having a hard time imagining which ship could be considered waifu.

There is this Deimos corvette in Sync. Powerful on its own, but hold the power over the whole universe in hands.

Ship waifus, huh ? That ought to be interesting.

According to my years wandering the interwebs, *anything* can be a waifu.

I mean, it doesn’t say it has to be WOD or DE...
Well, it's still a good excuse to replay those...

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Well,  if I had to have a ship waifu, it'd be easy  :nod:
Deimos is best waifu! (also very subtle promotion of my work-in-progress)

:nervous:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

I set out to capture the radiance of the SD Ravana, but somehow the SD Lucifer wound up making the best images this month - I guess, this would make polyamourous when it comes to Shivan Capital Ships :D

:nervous:

I envy you for the capability to be unsettled by that.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline NeonShivan

One more day ladies and gents, lets see those Grade A submissions...or Axem gets it!

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Alright, time to roll up my sleeves I guess.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
One more day ladies and gents, lets see those Grade A submissions...or Axem gets it!

Alright, time to roll up my sleeves I guess.

People, people tisk tisk tisk. Be reasonable now! Surely you don't want to...Axe-em?

I'm gonna take a 1-way ticket to Capella now.

Alright, here goes, quick & dirty:

Mara-chan is best waifu ! Its curves, its reliability, its breath-taking beauty and strength !

None can stand before its stoic assertiveness. Should Mara-sama fall, she will get back in no time, be it through wave or arrival cue !

\o/ Praise Mara \o/

!!! Mara-chan is best waifu !!!

(In all seriousness, I do think it's one of the best retail Shivan craft.)

Offline NeonShivan

I’m going to need a bit to admire these entries, the winner will be chosen on 7/2 with July’s theme being up by 7/3. Until then, continue providing tribute.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
NuMesis

Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hey, I wanted to do this! Now I know my lady is cheating on me -___-
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

You all tempt me with such beautiful screenshots, but alas, only one may emerge victorious.

The winner for the month of June is Orph3u5 with the SD Lucifer-senpai. Sometimes less is more. It was a difficult decision with many good entries but I would like to make a few noteworthy mentions:

1. Oi, Mara-chan!

The one screenshot that took the waifu theme to heart. Praise be unto the SF Mara.

2. The Nemesis

Love the work you've done Betrayal, this shot I feel puts the Nemesis in a nationalistic light. Love it.

3. Deimos vs Sobek

Such a beautiful battle between the corvettes of two different species. Not much else to say tbh.

July's topic will be up around tomorrow. Good luck contestants, and may the games be forever in your favor.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Those Maras - do they have the glowmaps disabled or are they a different ship? They look pretty neat actually.

Also congrats Orph3u5!  :yes: