Author Topic: Galactica coming to Blu-ray  (Read 4499 times)

Offline KaraBulut

• Friendly old school gamer
Re: Galactica coming to Blu-ray
Waaay too expensive.

And Blu Ray player even more expensive

Offline newman

It is a nice sum of money.. but I can't agree that it's not worth it. It's all the seasons, I imagine Razor is included - hopefully the extended version. That said, I own it all on DVDs so I'll probably wait before I buy it, the price is bound to go down with time. Actually having the BluRay player on anything but the laptop would also help :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:31:02 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
The price for a single season in that package is under 30£, which really isn't that much.

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
The price is well set... it is close to the highest amount of money I am willing to pay for the full set. I was actually waiting for this. I will buy this pack. :D
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline YIIMM

What I can't begin to fathom is why they still haven't released a single, complete box set for series 4.

Selling it in two halves only made sense while they took that ridiculous break in the middle.

Right now on Play:

-To buy the last 10 episodes for series 4: £24.99

-To buy a box set consisting of every single episode bar the last 10: £32.99

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Interesting but no BD yet...still holding out!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

I'll probably buy it when 'ill have a full hd tv and a bluray player at home, anyway i'm quite disapointed by the lack of imagination for the box design.
I 'd imagined something like a replica of cylon's head or a battlestar box shaped.
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Such box design would only have made the already considerable price much higher.

Such box design would only have made the already considerable price much higher.

And would be impractical.

Hey, I think I might just buy it to clear my guilty conscience for downloading every episode because some commercial broadcaster in NL still holds the broadcasting rights (which means that no dvd-boxes can be published here without their permission because less people will watch BSG if they already have the episodes), but isn't doeing anything with it now.

Offline newman

I don't like custom boxes, tbh. I almost bought "The Dark Knight" recently, but gave up because it had a custom batman-mask box. Not only does it make the price higher, it doesn't fit my shelf with the other DVDs. I found it twice as cheap a bit later in a regular box which I can keep on my shelf without any problems.
If it's a movie or a series, just give me a regular easy to handle and store box. I can buy model kits separately :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Jangiri

I bought it. It's worth it to see Pegasus and the Resurrection ship in HD. Also the menu's look much better on the discs.

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
I'm surprised none of our artists are buying it in droves for the super HD references.

Then again, I'm sure a lot of our artists are big fans of "digital distribution." :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually most of the artists have mentioned buying the Blu-Ray versions already on IRC. It's just a matter of finding the cash. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Do what the rest of us do, write a grant!

Oh wait... nevermind :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
This title will be released on September 21, 2009.

There's the reason.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
o.0

I saw the entire series Blu-ray box at Costco....even came with a little model of a Centurion inside.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Yeah, the US version has a much more pimped out box. Not that I care much for that stuff.

Offline Jangiri

The model of the centurion is somewhat crappy. but i love it anyways. I could also catch all the random space ship cameo's in blue ray. there is no question serenity is in it and it does actually look like the enterprise is in it and it's not just a lighting glitch

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
The GDI Kodiak was also in the mini, and several more episodes throughout the series.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.