19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97291 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Favorite terran fighter
GTF Hercules. It's solid, strong, and firepower to rival the Erinyes.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Why isn't the athena up there? That's my favorite fighter/light bomber. It's a lot better than the artemis or the artemis DH, has much better gunpoints on it, and it's plain old durable, has good missile capacity. The athena should really have been redesignated tactical disruption fighter as opposed to light bomber. Light bombers in fs1 are completely different than normal bombers, mainly the fact that light bombers can't carry bombs in fs1. Light bombers are always carrying payload that takes out subsystems and great for taking out turrets...it really ****s with a target like the taranis. When guarded one light bomber is enough to disable a cruiser when armed properly for the role of fs1 light bomber. If the light bomber isn't guarded, it does great for dogfighting as well. This afternoon i was using an athena with avengers and flails. It was great, it was damaging the enemy fighter while throwing it off course so i could lob a missile at it.

But anyway, in fs1 when you use a light bomber correctly (having subsystem disruption weapons...nothing more powerful than tornadoes or interceptors can be equipped on it), it really becomes a class of fighter that should not have been called light bomber. I mean how confusing is it for a fighter to be called a light bomber when it can't carry bombs? That easily gets people into a situation where they're like hey, wtf i can't equip bombs...how do i use this thing? Then they have a fighter they don't know what to use it for. A class redesignation for the light bomber fighters would be very helpful, even for the shivans shaitan.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Light Bombers aren't equipped nor large enough to carry actual bombs. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I really REALLY liked the design of the GVF Anubis back in FS1. Although it was meant to be mass-produced cheap cannon fodder, it had a really cool looking design, reminding me of fighters from a different game or movie....cant remember where.

Still, it'd be cool if someone revived the GVF Anubis in a campaign.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You get to fly one in Shrouding the Light: Origins, if I remember correctly.  The lack of afterburners can come back to bite you, though. :p

Ares... that fighter gets + 10 points only for the colours on the hull... :yes:
Erinyes is also a good fighter.
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Erinyes is also a good fighter.

Ares isnt really a 'fighter'. It is what it says....'strategic assault'. Meant for hammering slow moving targets, like convoys, installations, cruisers or corvettes, or assisting bombers.

Erinyes is good, but if you use the kayser / maxim combo, you'll chew through energy like a minigun through bullets. Ares has a better reactor, thus, better afterburner and gun energy reserves.

Offline Centrixo

I really REALLY liked the design of the GVF Anubis back in FS1. Although it was meant to be mass-produced cheap cannon fodder, it had a really cool looking design, reminding me of fighters from a different game or movie....cant remember where.

Still, it'd be cool if someone revived the GVF Anubis in a campaign.

i could do that :D
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Dysko

IMHO, the Ares looks like an Herc 2 tuned à la "Fast'n'Furious"... :nervous:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Dysko

Ehm... why? :nervous:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:21:43 am by Darth DySkO »
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
IMHO, the Ares looks like an Herc 2 tuned à la "Fast'n'Furious"... :nervous:

:lol: :lol:

It actually does, it looks to be a lot better and faster but you end up with a flying brick.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I prefer the Myrmidon's fighter/bomber any day! You can't take much damage, but you can get out of the way easily!! Up to 4 Helios and a poweful 4 primary bank, that thing owns! I usually put something like a PromS on the 4 prime or Subach on the 2 prime.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Where's the Valkyrie?!
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Where's the Valkyrie?!

the perseus improves on the valkyrie in every way. even looks better

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Harbinger of DOOM, try playing the beginning of the FSPort or download the D:FS discs.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
GTF PERSEUS
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
GTF POTATO.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Where's the Valkyrie?!

the perseus improves on the valkyrie in every way. even looks better
...except, as previously noted, in the cases of top speed and afterburner capacity, for which the Valkyrie is far superior? :p

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
If memory serves... 1 missile bank? The Perseus has 2 p00nage banks  :nod: