Author Topic: The Untold stories of the Lylat War (a star fox mod)  (Read 38582 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
Re: a new starfox mod(still needs a name)
ok, so I almost have the first 4 fighters done, texturing rigging and all, might do one more, then I am sending them off to scourge for inital balancing, and I will want ingame shots, perhaps vid if scourge wants to, with the retro arwing lineup, and the 1 other fighter I might do is the retro wolfen prototype type A, then you might get the original Fox vs Wolf battle(minus Wolf's which is type B)

also, I plan to do a modern version of the mothglider(retro is a heavy fighter with a large cannon, modern will be a heavy assualt bomber(anti-ship bomber)

and yes for now it is star fox into the void, and it would be SFITV

oh and I gave scourge the basic ideas for weapons and arwing balancing(oh and scourge the mothglider either gets a heavy laser, or the plasma shot, the modern version will have secondary weapons, though still that one main cannon
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:55:08 am by mandobardanjusik »

very well SF:ITV it is I look forward to your updates and will do my best to restrain my self from bugging you

Offline Fara Phoenix

• I am a fanatic without an identity of their own.
I should wonder about that mod's storyline, perhaps due to a research failure on my part.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
— Winston Churchill

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
just look at the top of the last page, and there it is

Offline Fara Phoenix

just look at the top of the last page, and there it is

Last page, that's the page we're on - I assume you mean page 2 and...

...confirmed. Yeah, that makes sense.

Also, in the SF1/2 continuity line there wasn't much canon given, it was added by the 1993 comics. Star Fox were originally vigilantes, crossing into pirate territory.

That aside, interesting. I've only seen merging lines up until now, integrating part of the comics' story into SF64, leading to Fara Phoenix (and now you see what kind of fanatic I am) conveniently disappearing before the series moves on to Adventures.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:46:48 pm by Fara Phoenix »
— Winston Churchill

uhhhh mando you may want to read this before solidifying the name of your mod http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Wings_of_Dawn_2:_Into_the_Void

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
huh I didnt notice that, well name wasnt confirmed anyways, just the current thought of one. but the name will not be SFFS I will figure out something good eventualy

I GOT IT! STARFOX TALES! get it? no? well you see its a play on the fact that they are all animals and animals have... Oh you do get it awesome right? no?

starfox through the black hole?(to wordy)
starfox do a barrel roll?(has nothing to do with the plot)
starfox black hole adventures?(ugh don't bring up adventures)
starfox generations?(sounds like startrek)
starfox continuum?(stargate)
starfox Xtreme?(that is worse that tales!)
phoenixes of lylat?(... acctually that one sounds pretty good)
star fox dimensional echos?(eh so-so)

!*light bulb*

STARFOX DIMENSIONS!(yeah this one has my vote not that you have to listen to me or anything)

STARFOX DIMENSIONS!(yeah this one has my vote not that you have to listen to me or anything)

That's actually... not... all that bad :P. Though it may not be wise to use the word "Dimensions" so close to the release of Dimensional Eclipse. idk.

Still, I like my earlier half-joke idea, calling it *Something* of Shadows.
Shadows of Shadows (SoS)
Echo of Shadows (EoS)
Sound of Shadows (SoS again)
Remembrance of Shadows (RoS)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well I actualy did use Starfox generations for a prior mod, but that didnt pan out, and I dont want to jinx this one by reusing that name
how bout Beyond the Blackhole, or maybe the search for mcloud, or Androsss' revenge or Mcloud strikes back, or or.... well we will figure it out eventualy

also scourge, working on the retro wolfen now, once that is done I will send you the mod folder and the first 5 ships so you can start messing with balancing and missions(you start setting up the foundation, and do as much as you can, I will supply new ships as frequently as possible, first priotity is retro, so try to recreate some SF1 and 2 missions)

and I may finaly take the time to play vanilla FSO(with mediaVPs of course), also how do you activate the 3rd person view?

oh and there might be a slight change in plans, first priortity is retro shipset, so there might be a seperate release with only retro ships, it would have some similarity, but quite a few differences from the main release, as it would have a much more sparse layout, and you would be much more basic weaponwise, and your main way of taking out cap ships would be flying into them and destroying the core
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:47:29 pm by mandobardanjusik »

"starfox: beyond the blackhole"(SF:BtB) sounds good the extra b's in it helps it bounce along better than "through the blackhole"

a lot of ships in the starfox universe seem to be vulnerable from the out side simply by targeting the subsystems (see assault carrier's weapons and engines) a more practical solution maybe to make the hulls of capships invulnerable and have the ship suicide when it is disarmed/disabled
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:38:34 pm by mormon_boy »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
thats the plan, sent the first 5 units to scourge so something new soon

Offline Fara Phoenix

"starfox: beyond the blackhole"(SF:BtB) sounds good the extra b's in it helps it bounce along better than "through the blackhole"

a lot of ships in the starfox universe seem to be vulnerable from the out side simply by targeting the subsystems (see assault carrier's weapons and engines) a more practical solution maybe to make the hulls of capships invulnerable and have the ship suicide when it is disarmed/disabled

That does sound interesting, yes, but I think it still doesn't quite have the proper ring to it. Three syllables should be ideal, with the middle one not stressed...

...dammit, I hate metric analysis.

Either that, or perhaps simply make the subsystems as heavily armoured as the rest of the ship, or add powerful point defenses to intercept all incoming projectiles (compare: Mass Effect's GARDIAN)...I don't quite know the proper course of action there, one would have to balance canon and game play experience.
— Winston Churchill

That does sound interesting, yes, but I think it still doesn't quite have the proper ring to it. Three syllables should be ideal, with the middle one not stressed...

starfox: fus ro DAH! :lol:

ok now seriously how about starfox: reality shift or crossfox/voidfox/warpfox(cause we've gone from inter-planetary to inter-dimensional)

F.N.A.W.N.?(FNAWN's Not Affiliated With Nintendo?)

anything that ends in of lylat?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:15:49 am by mormon_boy »

Offline Fara Phoenix

starfox: fus ro DAH! :lol:

ok now seriously how about starfox: reality shift or crossfox/voidfox/warpfox(cause we've gone from inter-planetary to inter-dimensional)

F.N.A.W.N.?(FNAWN's Not Affiliated With Nintendo?)

anything that ends in of lylat?

"x of Lylat" - no. It may just force the Shadows of Lylat victims to relive their trauma.

Thinking...thinking...
— Winston Churchill

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok no more debate on the name, I was being sarcastic, so no more for now, and how that will work out depends on scourge, and I dont even plan to have capital ships(yet), but that is something that scourge and I discuss

Offline Fara Phoenix

ok no more debate on the name, I was being sarcastic, so no more for now, and how that will work out depends on scourge, and I dont even plan to have capital ships(yet), but that is something that scourge and I discuss

Yeah, all right, it's cool, calm down.

Random change of topic (you'll be hating me for these in due time): It's late. I'll go to bed now, if I pass out halfway through writing this post you'll probably see-wait. No. That didn't make any sense.

Okay, sorry for that. I was enormously tired. Guess by now it's too late to change anything, though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:38:40 am by Fara Phoenix »
— Winston Churchill

Haven't gotten all that much time to do any work this week, but was able to set up the retro Arwing in an asteroid field to test and adjust handling characteristics.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
so scourge how goes the testin, have you gotten any other arwings in, and have you messed with any of the weapons I described for you?

Ach, no, not yet. Work and stuff, don't ya know.
Something that could be useful for testing, if you're getting bored of waiting, would be a generic city-scape to fly through. Just like a plane with some big rectangles sticking out to test maneuverability. Or you could download a city from that free model site and just convert it and resize it if necessary.

Should be able to do a bit more this week. Yeah I know I said that last week, but I think I actually might have some good open time this week :)