Author Topic: What is your favorite R1 music track and why?  (Read 5213 times)

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
What is your favorite R1 music track and why?
Your choices are;

Hidden: (The track with the awesome riffs)
Definitive: (The track played on the Nemesis mission)
Syphon: (The track included in the VP but not included in the tbl)

Discuss! :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 09:01:21 pm by 2470 »
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Poll: What is your favorite R1 music track and why?
I say Hidden, because it's awesome... however, I did like Definitive; it fit well with the mission.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Hidden was best for the title. Definitive was an excellent choice for that mission. I chose Hidden, I just have a softspot for that kind of thing. :)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline mr.WHO

Does Definitive is included in R2??

Offline Kie99

Galatea :p

But out of the "New" music I pick INFbrief01
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by mr.WHO
Does Definitive is included in R2??

Tracks in R2 are:

Hidden
Definitive
Syphon
Frantic
Frantic-B

and 2 new mainhall tracks.

Hm... Hidden. It can be really used for any situation... Although it is best for skirmish situations.
Definitive and Syphon are definately big battle songs.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Jeez... why don't you just add some useless information about R2,  why don't you? Instead of programming in the music first, why don't you make R2, and then have a music addon later, so we can play? Sheesh... Ass-backwards, I tell you...

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Originally posted by Ghost
Jeez... why don't you just add some useless information about R2,  why don't you? Instead of programming in the music first, why don't you make R2, and then have a music addon later, so we can play? Sheesh... Ass-backwards, I tell you...

They will do it the way they want, it is their project after all. And however they do it is damn fine as long as it eventually gets done. They've got some great stuff already (I can tell by just looking at the screenshots thread) and they are certainly authorized to take as much time as it takes to get it done, and get it done good.

Would you rather have some mess of a project with a scrambled together campaign and fugly ships, or would you rather have the Inferno team dedicate their time to completing the campaign and making it the best it can be?

These people are volunteers dedicating their time and energy into making this mod the best it can be for the community. And it is people like you who drag them down and discourage them from continuing. They are not getting payed for this. They are making this mod so people like you can have fun and enjoy it. Constructive criticism is one thing, but bashing them over the head after all the charity work they do to benefit the community without any other payment than satisfaction of making other people happy is another.

So lay off on the time thing. They'll get it done when they want to get it done, and that's fine with me and it should be fine for the entire community.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Ghost

:wtf:

If we had the music avaliable after the missions were done then you would have to redownload them to make the music work. I also plan 1 version of this mod for all, not tons of different options, so that there's less bugs and differences between versions. (There'll be a split up file version for 56kers, but it's the same final file as a single download version)

We're also not waiting on any music for the mod. I'm currently updating the staff modpack to fix a few bugs and add some multiple docking support to a few ships, while the few staff that bother to check the internal are going over the mission scripts for the 1st chapter.

Like I've said in many other threads. We have a working 'mod' there's just minor fixing, a few additions to polish things off and the rest is all campaign work.

This will take quite some time, we're one of the largest mods with a small staff base, but until I get this patch sorted we won't be asking for more staff. Afterwards we'll be considering full time testers and mission designers.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Hidden's combat tracks are excellent, but the other parts get a resounding "Meh." Definitive is good all around, assuming that's the one whose tracks all start with "d". Syphon must be the set with 2R in front of it. Of those, I liked 2RBat2 and 2RVict, the rest not at all.

INFBrief01 isn't really new...it's actually from FS2's ending cinematic.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 08:43:12 pm by 2191 »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
I like Syphon the best myself. Even though it is of a slightly lower audio quality than the other tracks, it has a sort of "out of control" feeling. I think Syphon would be a good Terran vs. Shivan track, Definitive would be a good Terran vs. Terran track, and Hidden would be a good Terran vs. Vasudan track.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Um... oh. My bad.

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: What is your favorite R1 music track and why?
Originally posted by KappaWing
Your choices are;

Hidden: (The track with the awesome riffs)
Definitive: (The track played on the Nemesis mission)
Syphon: (The track included in the VP but not included in the tbl)

Discuss! :D

I like Syphon and Definitive for their militaristic feel. Hidden sucks except for the ambient piece.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

I love Definitive. First time I went into Nemesis and enemy fighters jumped in I was like- oh god this music so fits this mission! Nice steady march, important, majestic feel.

It comes from the Borg Juggernaut boss in Star Trek Elite Force 2 doesn't it?

Offline Axel Wers

• I remember Descent: FreeSpace as a new game.
    • FreeSpace
Syphon is a very good music, but is somewhere better quality please? PCM, 44 kHz, stereo... :)

Hidden is good too, but my favourite is Syphon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I can't make a better quality version of Syphon as I got it off the VW Archives many years ago and so don't have a better quality version to convert from.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Do you think you could post the full-length Hidden track?  From before you split it up into the different patterns? :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That I can do I suppose. It's in 2 MP3 files, one for the ambient and 1 for combat.

I'll have to put them on fileplanet though. It's about 3mb for both of them.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I havent heard Syphon, but Hidden is the best - i can still remember it vaguely, unlike definitive or the others....
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(