Author Topic: Vinaashak or Gargant?  (Read 2655 times)

Vinaashak or Gargant?
Who's subspace weapon is stronger, the Vinaashak's or the Gargants? Cause so far, all I've seen the Gargant's used for is Anti-Ship stuff in screenies, whereas the Vinaashak is designed to kill or destroy planets.

Speaking of which, does the Subspace weapon Destroy or Kill Planets?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
IIRC it rips them apart and they explode.

All the ships can change the level of the effect. But the Gigas and Gargant ones are strongest.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Vinashaak is smaller and has a full shield system. Makes it easier to get around than the larger ships.

I don't know if it'll be used now actually. It was to be the final 'boss' of the SOC campaign.

Offline Kie99

Has there been a decision on wether or not shields will be resistant to beams?

@High Max.  That's like saying a Destroyer has no purpose because the Colossus is stronger than them.  The Vinashaak is probably easier to produce than the Gigas/Gargant.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
All beams except fighterbeams pierce shields.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Fighterbeams meaning fighter-mounted beams, rather than anti-fighter beams which DO pierce shields.  I just felt that that distinction needed to be made.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The fighter mounted kind.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Don't know yet. We haven't got a new chapter 3 story yet so I won't say a certain yes or no.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Don't know. The only thing I can tell you is chapter 1 will most likely be 18 missions long.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Perhaps once Bob get the materials system working and implimented, they could use the pulse effect for a glowmap so you get an animated effect from a single map.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mr.WHO

Let the mathematic speak:

CH1+CH2= R2 true

18+CH2=R2 or 18=R2  ?????

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by High Max
I'm so used to SCP graphics now that that is the only way to play it. I just hope the animated glowmaps don't cause my system to hang like it does sometimes.

Animated glowmaps are not supported and will not work if you install them. You shouldn't do so anyway unless you wany half a Shivan ship animated and the other half using normal glowmaps. I changed our texture naming conventions to prevent additional files from being used which might cause issues.
Shinemaps are not supported either, though you can still use the -spec command.