Author Topic: Old INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 52726 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Old INF SCP Status Thread
I hope he doesn't have MSN. It reduces your chances of FREDding by 150%.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I think it's realistic to get missions 2, 3, and 11 out by summer.  Plus, I want those missions to be in my presentation pack to Woomeister and other staff.

C'mon - - - I'm a college graduate; should I have a life?  Well, I will probably still be applying to medical school then...

- Rampage

Offline freespaceking

• Prussian Military Dude
hi rampage did you get the maps i sent you.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
C'mon - - - I'm a college graduate; should I have a life?  Well, I will probably still be applying to medical school then...

I studied for the last time...uhm...a month ago :lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Man i feel young...
SCP is the greatest cause of Inferiority Complexes in those that can't run it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah me too. ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Don't ask High Max. He says that I'm too young for *ehm*.

Anyway I've added 2 cutscenes in the first mission of that HoL based minicampaign.

Progress in all fronts!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He's even got a new custom title.

'kills newbies' :lol:

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Depends on where he lives, Max. I mean if he's from the UK or Japan, then he is old enough for sex.

[On Topic] Will this campaign be done by 2010? I would also like it if there was a chance for doing an extras pack containing updated SOC ships
(sorry if this has been asked- i don't have the time or the patience to check through every single comment on the boards)

[An idea]
If not done then you'll have to replace all maps of Jupiter with Stars. Clarke say in 2010 Jupiter turns into a star called Lucifer. It would be intersting if this happened in the FREESPACE universe.
Hell i might modify my own mod to include that.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inferno will be done before 2010, (I dear well hope so). There IS an update pack with many of the SOC ships, but they are named GTCv, GTD and not SOCv or SOD (never liked 'SOD' anyway). Go down to the Inferno SCP Additional Content thread and there are a load of cool added back ships from R1 (Ophion, Serpent, Chimera...)

I have no idea what you're going on about with Jupiter becoming a star...

Offline MarkN

The idea of Jupiter becoming a star comes from the book 2010:Odyssey 2 by Arthur C Clarke, where the Monoliths (Giant advanced devices seeded around the galaxy by an unknown race that wants to maximize the potential for intelligent life), increase the density of jupiter, by some large fraction, cuasing the internal pressures to become high enough toignite fusion. This has the effect of making Europa, Ganymede and Callisto of a suitable temperature for habitation, with Europa having native lifeforms (in it's ocean), and Ganymede and callisto being easyer than Mars to colonise. I think that terran_emperor's idea was that if in SCP, the local governmentcaused this to happen, I would give them an advantage in term of easy colony enhancement, or even terraforming. the only prolblem with this is that in the book, the change in Jupiter wasn accompanied by a very large explosion, which would have destroyed any colonies, if they were present.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah, I told you that you are too young for sex because in MSN you talk about doing it a lot with people you don't even love and also you are only 17. ::) You even put stuff about it in your nicknames. :wtf:

I said countless when I was joking.... ;)

The idea of Jupiter becoming a star comes from the book 2010:Odyssey 2 by Arthur C Clarke, where the Monoliths (Giant advanced devices seeded around the galaxy by an unknown race that wants to maximize the potential for intelligent life), increase the density of jupiter, by some large fraction, cuasing the internal pressures to become high enough toignite fusion. This has the effect of making Europa, Ganymede and Callisto of a suitable temperature for habitation, with Europa having native lifeforms (in it's ocean), and Ganymede and callisto being easyer than Mars to colonise. I think that terran_emperor's idea was that if in SCP, the local governmentcaused this to happen, I would give them an advantage in term of easy colony enhancement, or even terraforming. the only prolblem with this is that in the book, the change in Jupiter wasn accompanied by a very large explosion, which would have destroyed any colonies, if they were present.

How about constructing energy reactors that use the gas of the planet and illuminate all moons?  <----idea for several missions against the Jovians....the destruction of these bases could force the respective colonies to surrender, but we need a new shipmodel for these installations. Woo?  ::)

And IMHO I could citate Colony Wars....The Navy was about to destroy Mercury because it was "useless", and the League devastated the Moon when it destroyed the Lunar Base Titan with a cannon shot....

Basically, you're saying that Sol might be slightly different from the one we currently see. I agree with you, factories and stuff might have transformed the surface of many planets.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:05:55 pm by LieutenantGeneralMobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We have made significant progress in planning out the rest of the storyline for Ch1.  Once I put this on paper and Woo and I have tested the first 10 missions, I will post the script on the internal, and people (whom Woo I will contact) will have privileges of picking the mission they want to code!

- Rampage

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Excellent. The first missions of Ch1 will influence also INFA2, so we are in need of updates :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Aye. We wouldn't like to have INFA2 half finished and have Woomeister come down and say "Actually, the Nemesis was only commissioned when the Melia was created..." ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Why not? We would scrap everything like crazy workers.

And IMHO after the Melia was created is a bit...exaggerated ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I think Inferno and Colony Wars are a great mix. Possibilities of missions based on those of Colony Wars...But alot more complex. Because lets face it, though the Colony wars games were great, the missions were too simple. I was alway sceptical that my fighter in the last mission had the firepower to single-hndedly destroy the CW equivalent to the Icanus.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

BTW, I was only Joking about 2010. But i still think it would be intersting.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I love that series.

Uhm I assume you were talking about Colony Wars 1. Well the last mission was cool...three League Dreadnoughts, Earth is in front of you, then the Supertitan appears and wipes out 3 Dreadnoughts. ZOMG!

Well in CW2 you face Kron, your old leader, in the last mission. SPOILER!

In CW3, the Red Sun isn't that big.

Well, CW influenced me a lot, and I say without a doubt that FreeSpace was a bit...inspired by CW. Of course, I'm not going to put a Lunar Base called Titan...

Uhm I guess you know CW. A total conversion would be accepted, really. You may count on me!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I'm talked to Sid about mission design regarding the next direction we should take.  But more or less progress has resumed for the time being.

- Rampage

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Any chance of a demo, or would that just slow stuff down?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.