Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 118541 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Krogan? Face on that fatty husk is most definitely that of a batarian.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Krogan? Face on that fatty husk is most definitely that of a batarian.

Indeed, they've said that there are husks from various species, and even those that amalgamate species. So it might be a batarian + human + turian.

Turning people into goo? Okay. I can handle that.

But combining humans with batarians? They've gone TOO FAR

Yeah, I can see Batarian in the face, but it was big enough for me to think Krogan.

First I've heard of amalgamated husks though. I've seen the pic of the Rachni Husk, so this should lead to some interesting combinations.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Best news i've heard
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Actually I'm really happy about that.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I know, it's not like it's exactly bad news, I'd just have loved to get my hands on it sooner.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The idea they're trying to incorporate more melee into this annoys me. I have a gun, dammit, let's not 40k it up by thinking melee combat is still a viable method of fighting.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Thats good news to me too.

As for melee, I don't think it would work well in ME2's combat system. You go down way too quick for melee to be any kind of viable unless you're playing a vanguard.
Now, if they made you as tough as you were in ME1 (like the damn Hardsuits are allegedly supposed to be), I could see it being more viable. I'd still stick to guns though.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Sad that its being delayed but also happy as it gives them more time to make it better and epic. As for the melee, to my knowledge that has been confirmed, its something i would like to see, as i thought the melee moves for Sheppard were rather bad. I think Melee would work and it is already in there, standard husks are melee hostiles. Also Melee i think would work with Krogan.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline newman

If the delay means less chance of them Dragon Age 2-ing it, I'm a happy camper. That release date was always a tad suspect, tbh. I'd rather they take their time and do it right.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline mxlm

When asked about the delay, EA boss John Riccitiello said, "Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach."

Well, I liked 2 a lot more than 1. On the other hand, this sort of talk makes me...nervous.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Maybe the whole game will be main quests, no side quests.  :blah:

Please don't scare me like this.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

I don't like this talk about a "larger market opportunity" either, but I would actually like more emphasis on the main quest. ME2 was far too focused on the side quests and the main quest often felt insignificant.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I don't like this talk about a "larger market opportunity" either, but I would actually like more emphasis on the main quest. ME2 was far too focused on the side quests and the main quest often felt insignificant.

I would (almost) agree with this except I honestly felt the focus on the interesting-minus-one characters was the game's strongest point. The main plot was absolutely weak, but I didn't consider the character stuff 'side quests', exactly.

But the 'Appeal to wider audiences' is basically what EVERYONE says. It makes investors go happy.

Offline newman

Bioware has a history of ruining good games by trying to make them be two things at once, specifically arcade action games and rpg games at once. What they always seem to end up with when they try it is a game that's mediocre at both. I really don't like these comments coming from them. I also see no point in changing the gameplay mechanics too much on part 3 of a trilogy. You already got a massive fan base that basically just wants more of the same, possibly upgraded a bit. But it sounds like they're going to try and re-invent the wheel again. Some people never learn. On the other hand Mass Effect is developed by a separate team than stuff like Dragon Age 2 so there's still hope they don't ruin it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:04:03 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Awesome screenshots indeed, Mass Effect really keeps evolving and improving (There are a few gripes with ME2 but nothing major). Looks great, and makes me look forward even more.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Bioware has a history of ruining good games by trying to make them be two things at once, specifically arcade action games and rpg games at once. What they always seem to end up with when they try it is a game that's mediocre at both. I really don't like these comments coming from them. I also see no point in changing the gameplay mechanics too much on part 3 of a trilogy. You already got a massive fan base that basically just wants more of the same, possibly upgraded a bit. But it sounds like they're going to try and re-invent the wheel again. Some people never learn. On the other hand Mass Effect is developed by a separate team than stuff like Dragon Age 2 so there's still hope they don't ruin it.

Wait, wait? A history? that would indicate that they have done it often before. With which cases?