Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 117991 times)

It's in the trailah

Sorry. I make an effort not to watch trailers or read too much in to upcoming games I'm excited about. No spoilers and all that. It's weird, I know, but it hasn't backfired yet.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Could be just the population of London or the UK they've killed off?

Better be.

Yes. They said something about 'similar reports from other cities'.  The 7 million is JUST london.

Offline Luis Dias

The worst to convince to fight the reapers will be the Batarians... for obvious reasons. Perhaps they will be the reapers' dirty hands this time, since the protheans and the geth are "defeated" in previous games...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
It better not just be 7 million a week. The Reapers wouldn't be doing their jobs if that was the case.

It's in the trailah

They are probably trying to snipe Shepard.

EDIT: sorry, the trailer says there are "other cities" which are being attacked too.

I just watched it again and he doesn't specifically stipulate that his death toll figures where global, in fact he only mentions "other cities" after he did the facts and figures spiel.  In any case we know Reapers like to use organics for a number of reasons besides target practice.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

The worst to convince to fight the reapers will be the Batarians... for obvious reasons. Perhaps they will be the reapers' dirty hands this time, since the protheans and the geth are "defeated" in previous games...

I suppose it's possible, but the Batarians aren't stupid, they just hate humanity (and Shepard even moreso, post Arrival.) I'm sure there will be some kinda reckoning with them, but out and out submitting to the Reapers? That would kind of a cop-out, and more than a little idiotic. IMO, anyway.

Offline Luis Dias

I suppose it's possible, but the Batarians aren't stupid, they just hate humanity (and Shepard even moreso, post Arrival.) I'm sure there will be some kinda reckoning with them, but out and out submitting to the Reapers? That would kind of a cop-out, and more than a little idiotic. IMO, anyway.

Yes I agree. And since the reapers arrived, one could say that their ability to mindrape everyone just exponentially increased. So we could have not one slave race, but several, perhaps all of them were partially mindraped and turned into slaves. So you will fight humans, salarians, etc.,etc.

Some basic guesses:

Miranda will be torn between her faith upon Cerberus and Shepard.
Kaidan / Ashley is still torn between Alliance and Shepard.

There will be blood between those three ;).

Thane will die in the first third of the game. And it will be sad. Perhaps Shepard arrives too late (optional?) and only gets to see the funeral. His son will be there, at peace with his father.

Tali and Legion get their act together at some point in the game. Between the second and third thirds of the game. Both their fleets will be essential.

T'Soni will be more efficient than the whole Council at gathering intel resources to the war.

Illusive Man will go too far, but he won't be Saren-like. I hope. I pray.

Rachni queen will be of some (minor) help, if your shepard didn't kill her.
The geth will be more powerful if you chose to brainwash them.

Mordin will have a hard choice, to release the cure for the genophage or not. This depends upon the nature of the war. If the war is to be fought for decades, then this decision is important.

Someone of value will die before the end. I'm betting on Garrus. Very emotional, Shepard gets furious, won't let it be in vain, bla bla bla.

More thoughts?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Blow up the Sol system to eliminate the majority of the Reaper fleet :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Luis Dias

Blow up the Sol system to eliminate the majority of the Reaper fleet :D

I could see a Batarian trying to do just that :lol:

But I don't think the whole reaper fleet will be in sol.

I know the implication is that Humanity is first and foremost on the Reaper's list for "reproduction," but I really hope they aren't invading Sol anywhere near exclusively. There are supposed to be more than enough of the things to wage total war on the entirety of Council Space, with reserves left over for the Terminus Systems. If they don't end up utilizing that force properly I will be severely disappointed in Bioware.

Inevitably they'll just bunch up and follow Shepard around though. :D

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Tali and Legion get their act together at some point in the game. Between the second and third thirds of the game. Both their fleets will be essential.

I think not.
The player can give Legion to Cerberus, remember. So the Geth will harldy be essential.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nah, they wrote a thing in Shadow Broker to show Legion reactivating and escaping if you gave him to Cerberus. And since he's in ME3 he'll probably be important. Geth will definitely play a big role.

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Nah, they wrote a thing in Shadow Broker to show Legion reactivating and escaping if you gave him to Cerberus. And since he's in ME3 he'll probably be important. Geth will definitely play a big role.

I'm not following the development of ME3 carefully, I know, due to time issues, but where is said that Legion or any other char will be in ME3?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Starbug's big post on the last page with interview info

I think not.
The player can give Legion to Cerberus, remember. So the Geth will harldy be essential.

As with many things essential in the Mass Effect series, you have a choice whether or not to keep it.

Paragons will likely have the entirety of the Geth and Rachni Fleets available to them in ME3. I would say the Flotilla too, but I dunno how well a bunch of broken down space gypsie freighters would work in a war with Multiple Mech-Cthulhus. 

Renegades will be looking a bit more desperate, save for the
Spoiler:
Collector Base.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:15:00 pm by PsychoLandlord »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
morally polarised playthroughs are boring

Offline Luis Dias

The flotilla is mentioned as the largest fleet in the galaxy. Ignore it at your peril.

Offline newman

The quarian fleet should be both huge and well armed. There are two major factors that would diminish it's effectivness though. The first is most of the ships in the fleet are very old, only kept flying by the miracle working quarian engineers adept at getting a ship to work well past it's intended design duration. That's all well and good when the ship just has to fly and maintain life support, but I doubt such a vessel would be able to take much fire in a full blown battle.
The second is the fact that the Quarians literally have their entire civilization on those ships, and they can't very well risk the entire fleet in a huge battle with those kinds of stakes. Even if they somehow find a way around their immune systems issues and manage to colonize a planet I still doubt they'd be willing or able to commit their entire fleet to a battle against the reapers.
So, numerous and well armed, sure. But a deciding factor in a battle against reapers? Probably not, though having them on your side will likely help to some extent, even if you only get like 20-30% of the entire Quarian fleet to help out.
I would guess that they'll probably balance things out between paragon and renegade choices so you can win either way; paragons would probably have more alien support with the Destiny Ascension, Quarian, Rachni, possibly Turian and/or Salarian fleets more willing to help out. Maybe even Krogans, depending on your choices. Renegades would probably have access to less alien support but a more powerful human fleet using stolen alien technologies and advances scavenged from the
Spoiler:
Collector base
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:10:41 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Paragons will likely have the entirety of the Geth and Rachni Fleets available to them in ME3. I would say the Flotilla too, but I dunno how well a bunch of broken down space gypsie freighters would work in a war with Multiple Mech-Cthulhus. 

Renegades will be looking a bit more desperate, save for the
Spoiler:
Collector Base.

I would not b eso sure about hte Rachni. The conversation you have by that girl in Mass Effect 2 that was related to the Rachni said something about that the reasons they got annihilated in the first place, is that they went mad for some reason, which might be related to the reapers. In other words, they might be suspect to indoctrination
And might be again.