Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Just Another Day

All about APNGs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nightmare:
Wow, I didn't realize it was that difficult. The flash I played around with takes about a second or so to load, but the VN parts of JAD never gave me any problems. :)

niffiwan:
Someday I really should get back to this... ;)

--- Code: ---$ git diff feature/multithread_apng_processing^ feature/multithread_apng_processing --stat
 code/bmpman/bmpman.cpp     |   2 +-
 code/pngutils/pngutils.cpp | 162 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------------------------------
 code/pngutils/pngutils.h   |  14 +++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 128 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

--- End code ---

(IIRC it works, just with bugs. Like crashes if you interrupt the apng loading  :nervous:)

m!m:
It looks like FFmpeg already has support for APNG so we don't really need new code for getting multi-threaded decoding since everything is already in place. Since APNG decodes to RGBA instead of YUV a few changes to the movie renderer are needed but nothing extensive. Maybe this would also be the right time to add scripting support for playing movie files since I wanted to do something like that for a long time already.

Nightmare:
So the reason for that mini-lag is that PNG/APNG loading procedure and not because files only referred to in scripting files (like VN anime) aren't preloaded at the mission start?

Axem:
I split the thread since this isn't really JAD troubleshooting anymore...

Anyway, that's basically the case. I try to pay that lag cost up front, but I guess it doesn't always work as well as it could.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version