Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

(1/3) > >>

Sarafan:
The demo just got out, just a simple 1.4gb containing a part of a level and tutorial, download links:

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096485473/

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/9233/Dark+Messiah+of+Might+&+Magic+Demo

Also I wanted to know if anybody else here is waiting for this great game! :yes:

*A bit of a rant: isnt ridiculous that the size of the demos now are absurd? 1.4gb for a part of a level and tutorial is way too much, the Dungeon Siege 2 and Empire at War is also good examples of this.*

Mefustae:
Yeah, but the Empire at War had waaaay more than they actually used, as in you could hack the demo to get practically the full version.

Deepblue:
I love this game.

<3

Ghost:
Demo's out; a whopping 1.4 gig. That took a while. But guess what? It was MORE than worth it. I've played the first major combat section in it about...30 times now. Sad, yes, but oh so very fun.

Let's take a look at how awesome this game is:

*Excellent graphics, thanks to skillfull use of the Source engine
*Realistic fighting
*Innovative ways to kill stuff(set your arrow on fire, kick them over edges, kick them into spiked walls, set off traps, etc)
*Nifty skills system
*Good AI, at least in my experience
*And goddamn dismemberments

Oh my goodness. So very fun. The only problem(which I have no doubt will be rectified in the full version) is the two maps included were very linear. But that's kind of to be expected, no? And anyway, not everything can be as widescale as the Elder Scrolls.

Other people who've played, please post your reviews.

Edit: heh, looks like I was a second too late. Thanks to mods for moving mine in here.

Ransom:
I must admit I'm impressed. They actually managed to make a first person action RPG fun to play. I never thought I'd see the day. The download size was really a bit excessive, though.

One thing that bothered me about the game was the spiked walls and the traps in the second area -- why were they there in the first place? The traps could perhaps be explained depending on the context (which wasn't supplied in the demo), but the spiked walls seemed overly deliberate. I also didn't like the manner in which the enemies kept respawning out of nowhere, but I've assumed that's to give the demo a longer play time. And it remains to be seen just how solid the game's story is.

It all feels terribly immersive, anyway, and the game is certainly very polished. The ability to just kick an enemy off the edge was a feature more than welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version