Author Topic: Direct2drive -price changes  (Read 2777 times)

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Direct2drive -price changes

Howdy all.

This wont affect USA buyers. But people who bought their games using Sterling, no longer can.

All other EU nations must use the Euro option. Which is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy overpriced.

Coming from Ireland I enjoyed buying through Sterling and not the Euro since it was cheaper. Now thats gone and the Euro prices are fraked!

E.G

Assassins Creed 2: Sterling: 39GBP.......should be around 44Euro................... Direct2drive Euro Price = 54,95!!!!!!! Bastards!!!!!

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
Re: Direct2drive -price changes
might be a difference in VAT levels though.
But yeah, euro-prices are usually the more expensive. Especially since a lot of sellers use the 1$ = 1€ rationale which is of course total bunk.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Son of a *****!   :eek:

You guys really get screwed on software prices.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Steam used to be competitive in terms of pricing. Not so much these days, retail is almost always significantly cheaper than Steam. And we have an online retailer in Finland, who's using a little neat loophole to avoid taxes if what you buy can be fit in a letter, including boxed video games. :p With taxes SupCom2 for example would cost 42.9€, without taxes 34.4€. A good deal. Yay Verkkokauppa.com! :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:27:55 am by Fury »

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.

Howdy all.

This wont affect USA buyers. But people who bought their games using Sterling, no longer can.

All other EU nations must use the Euro option. Which is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy overpriced.

Coming from Ireland I enjoyed buying through Sterling and not the Euro since it was cheaper. Now thats gone and the Euro prices are fraked!

E.G

Assassins Creed 2: Sterling: 39GBP.......should be around 44Euro................... Direct2drive Euro Price = 54,95!!!!!!! Bastards!!!!!

Damn dude that's like US$75 for ONE game! Ouch!!! IDK; VPN into the USA and purchase thru Steam that way?
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!

Howdy all.

E.G

Damn dude that's like US$75 for ONE game! Ouch!!! IDK; VPN into the USA and purchase thru Steam that way?

I would love to do that!! But Steam have changed their rules, so that now 1 EURO is = to 1 Dollar

Fraking sucks!!! :( :( :(  :mad:
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Convert a bunch of money to USD and then buy all your games using that?  Or is that too impossible to do?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
You probably don't want to do that with Steam. They like to maintain their price discrimination and there have been cases of people getting their accounts banned when they used CD keys purchased in other countries. :doubt:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:05:04 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Meh.  Anyway, ~$90 for something like Modern Warfare II is just too abhorrent.  It's times like these that make me want to break out the good ol' torrents.

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
I would love to do that!! But Steam have changed their rules, so that now 1 EURO is = to 1 Dollar

I'm not sure if that's even legal. afaik businesses can't just set an exchange course like that as that is a state privilege.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Well, they aren't changing exchange rates, just adjusting their prices.  A game that costs fifty dollars in America will cost fifty euros in Europe on D2D or Steam, meaning Europeans get screwed because the euro is worth more than the dollar.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Convert a bunch of money to USD and then buy all your games using that?  Or is that too impossible to do?

They use your IP address for your purchases. :(
to talk to God.