Author Topic: Obsolete Inferno Ships  (Read 14111 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Nemesis used to have side runway like the Orion, IIRC.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
USED,the Nemesis we have has nothing in common with that.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It evolved quite a bit before R1.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It evolved quite a bit before R1.

Ta-daan,I was right...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

I definitely see the Fenris in the Nemesis, but I fail to see what it borrowed from the Orion's design...  :doubt:

Textures?

Orion textures= Blue

Nemesis textures = Gray  :wtf:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The original Nemesis had Orion textures.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The original Nemesis had Orion textures.

:nod:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
So? It doesn't make him an Orion!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Meaning it looks or has been evolved from the Orion.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Of course,it's EA,not Shivan.
The Lightblue Ribbon

:bump:

Hey, Woo, a technical question:

I was toying around with the Old Gigas, and when it fires it's SBFRed (main weapon), there is no origin-ball-of-light, the gigantic beam just comes out of nowhere. I'm wondering what I have to alter in the tables, or perhaps I'm missing a PCX (I'm running it on a non-Inferno mod)? Ideas?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Uh there's tons of versions of that weapon so I'm not sure.

Have a look at the table and see if all the files it requires are in your effects folder, there may be one missing.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Perhaps change the origin orb thingy to 'infshivglow' or one of the retail ones. Does the Amritaya's beam work?

I got it working, was just missing infshivanglow.pcx Veeeery powerful ship you decided to scrap there Woo. I think I can find a use for it... :drevil:

In fact I have decided to use it in the Dreamcatcher storyline. That's right folks, the pre-R1 Gigas is comin' back! (Though it obviously won't be called that). :D

What I'm confused on: why doesn't it have four beams on its claws like the Sathanas does? Yeah, I know it has beams practically everywhere else imagineable, but it seems odd that they wouldn't be there... *shrugs*

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Because it had one really, really big beam instead of 4 smaller ones.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That layout is also similar to the Gargant, it also has one big weapon (Subspace Rift) rather than several smaller ones.

I thought the Shivies weren't returning in Dreamcatcher? I'm confused... And you also said the zAndrogeos was also going to be in the campaign?

Weeellll, I'm considering the zAndrogeos. It only has the one gun on it so it's rather limited, unless I want to go through learning how to turret it... :blah:

And you are quite correct: there are no Shivans in Dreamcatcher. Who said that the Old Gigas was gonna be crewed by Shivans? (And, no, the GTVA isn't capturing it or anything like that).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Did you get info from Woo about the asterisks?

wth are the asterisks?  :p

No. I did not. In fact, I doubt very much Woo has any more idea than you do where I'm going with the campaign. I didn't consult him on anything.

By the way, maybe we should continue this conversation in a different thread. I've already been berated by mods for discussing this with you on threads that were originally on a different topic.  ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We'll probably use the Gigas from R1...
And its names will come from Tolkien's works(unless Giorgio or Davidefind something else).
The Lightblue Ribbon