Author Topic: Beam lists  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Lowcorn

• this makes me a seriously emo panda lol
There a list somewere that gives info on all the new beams in the editor? if not ill be happy to compile what i can.
http://home.att.net/%7Eclay.h/fs2/beamfaq.htm this is an example of what i mean.

I don't believe there exists a similar reference table, but what you could do is look at Inferno's weapons table... located in Inferno's .vp file.

VP's are basically archives (think .zip or .rar), which can be opened, extracted from, and edited given the right tools.

For what you need to do, I'd reccomend VPView (scroll down). It allows opening and extracting VP files, though it cannot alter them itself.

Don't worry, extracting the table won't break Inferno. However, it'd be wise not to just let the table sit around in FS2's files, where it could potentially screw things up. Table files can be viewed with Notepad.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
Table files can be viewed with Notepad.

I was wondering. Since TBL's can be opened with notepad, and they are pritty much just a TXT with TBL as the file extention, why is there TBL viewing software.
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I was wondering. Since TBL's can be opened with notepad, and they are pritty much just a TXT with TBL as the file extention, why is there TBL viewing software.
Well because with TBL viewing software it'd be easier to see all the fields in a logical fashion instead of as a giant list for each ship.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
But the giant lists are quite logical for me...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
I am almost cirtain the appearance is the same. It has been a while since I last used TBL viewer, but I am sure all it does is what word does really.
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I am almost cirtain the appearance is the same. It has been a while since I last used TBL viewer, but I am sure all it does is what word does really.
It adds colors to certain important section, makes it easier really to see the tags.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
TBLView sucks. It puts everything in a big un-editable spreadsheet-type thing.

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Notepad FTW.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
TBLView sucks. It puts everything in a big un-editable spreadsheet-type thing.
Yeah I never saw the point of that program.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
What happened to MetalDestroyer's TBL editor?

Anyway, I'm sorry if there are no such lists in the Wiki. I was adding a lot of Inferno stuff but my computer died before I could start adding weapons... :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Notepad++ ftw.

In addition to being in overall superior to MS Notepad as a text editor, it can also for example edit POF files to use different textures by just editing the texture names, since it preserves the hex structure of the files...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Wow, I didn't know that...that's another good reason to get that program! Thanks for the precious info, Herra! :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]