Author Topic: Nemesis?  (Read 32145 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Yeah but the fact that it was barely referenced at all in the following series of missions and that the next few missions continued on as if it never happened didn't really make me feel anything like a sense of accomplishment.

You're right; even though we do not have a Blue Planet-esque storyline, it does not excuse us from bad writing.  We will improve upon this in our future releases.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah but the fact that it was barely referenced at all in the following series of missions and that the next few missions continued on as if it never happened didn't really make me feel anything like a sense of accomplishment.

You're right; even though we do not have a Blue Planet-esque storyline, it does not excuse us from bad writing.  We will improve upon this in our future releases.

INFR1 really wasn't all bad. I'm confident you guys will do fine.

I'm more excited for INF SCP than INFSASASFASFASFASFAS but I'm still interested to see what Mobius has done there too.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
...but I'm still interested to see what Mobius has done there too.

Speaking of which, BTW, Europa, Io, and Ganymede are also domed. ;7

Just kidding.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
See now that someone on the team is apparently aware that INF is supposed to be about ****yeah awesome cool **** that doesn't have to make 100% sense I would be totally fine with that.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
See now that someone on the team is apparently aware that INF is supposed to be about ****yeah awesome cool **** that doesn't have to make 100% sense I would be totally fine with that.
Liked giant diamondium biomes?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Liked giant diamondium biomes?

You think you can terraform the Moon with diamondium domes?  You're obviously mistaken for the Moon is way too big; diamondilium is the correct material to use!

Anyway guys, please keep up the critiques.  We will consider every single one of them when making our future releases.

No, you're wrong, only diamonlithium crystals have the necessary toughness.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, you're wrong, only diamonlithium crystals have the necessary toughness.
No match for electromatter though.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Naw, the material to use is clearly phlebtonium or unobtanium, extracted from improbability ether in regions of negative plot-density!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Anyway guys, back on topic.  How do you think, based on the progression of INFR1, that INF SCP should end?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well that depends on what tone are you shooting for. Is this gonna be a ****yeah story where the humans win? Or another FS1/FS2 with a bittersweet costly ending?

If you want to go with the latter, one thing you could do is have a really grimdark realpolitik twist where the GTVA refuses to help defend Earth against an oncoming Shivan ubermenace unless the EA agrees to unconditional surrender and incorporation into the GTVA. If you wanted to be really grim about it you could actually have Earth get wasted in the end, as the price of another pseudovictory a la FS1 and FS2.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
In simplest terms, I don't think the HUMANITY (AND VASUDANS) **** YEAH is a realistic option even in INF. I remember the old talk about how to kill the Gargant, and even then it wasn't really possible. I also don't see it ending with the psuedovictory either though, that'd be out of character.

There can be lesser degrees of victory than total, without being pyrrhic. The Shivans can simply pull a disappearing act again, as they have before. They can present the Alliance with something that cannot be defeated without gutting the fleet, and vice versa. A silent equality of arms, staring at each other across a jump node and knowing that neither one can afford to cross the line, would be a unique way to end.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Addressing the issue about characters - I'm probably the only member in the team who wants some of them. They'll not follow BP's style, anyway, as they will be more like Snipes, Harbison and the others.

About stuff such as terraforming the Moon: as I said this will be explained later. Describing it now would drain time and resources from necessary aspects of development. Hint hint: Hexactinellida.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No no no, no characters, characters are asswipes that waste screen time talking about themselves

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
They don't talk about themselves. At least not most of the time.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
WORDS

there should be explosions

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There will be both. Don't think of future INF missions as furballs with no strings attached.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
But I waaant furballs with no strings attached, we've been playing all these complicated thinking campaigns where you think about your motivations and read all these messages and hrrrrgh

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The player character will be anonymous as always, and the others will hardly talk about their personal lives.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Captain!  My sarcasm sensor registering is off the scale!

Personally I want some character development in the INF campaign, but then again, I'm just the graphics artist.