Author Topic: GTVA fighters  (Read 3073 times)

Offline CT27

I remember reading through some old Inferno documents years ago that the Keres and the Alves were the best GTVA fighters in existence.  Some called them superfighters.

Are either of those two going to be in Inferno:  Nostos?  If not, what will be the elite GTVA Terran fighter?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Alves will be featured in Nostos. In my opinion it's one of the best looking fighter we have.

Keres was IMHO too op, and was dropped long time ago.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

I hope I'm remembering the right fighters, but the Alves was supposed to be a more elite version of the Menelos correct?  I think I remember reading that the Alves was supposedly too expensive to issue to green pilots so the Menelos was developed as a cheaper version.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We currently use 3 advanced fighters which will replace the older ones in the second half of the campaign though you'll see a few of them earlier on but can't fly them yourself.

These are the Vesuvius, Banshee and Alves.

Offline CT27

In INFR1, wasn't the Vesuvius your starting fighter at the beginning of the campaign?

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
The nuVesuvius is an advanced interceptor. Personally, I'd rather have kept it in its classic INFR1 role, but it was the boss's decision.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline CT27

I remember the Vesuvius and Alves, but can't picture the Banshee.  What is its role?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
It was the SOC interceptor.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.