Author Topic: Veteran comments drive!  (Read 5386 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Veteran comments drive!
You should check out the existing walkthrough page for that mission and see if you have anything to add/clarify.

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
There isn't one.  (I did think there used to be?)
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oh, you're right!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Added it.

So how bout them Vishnan weapons! Also we should make a page for the Universal Truth Steele Mix.

Offline Doko

Vishnan gravity spike.

The vishnan gravity Spike not only has a cool name, it is every pilot's dream weapon when fighting agile fighters such as dragons or maras, your own personal ultra AAA beam capable of piercing shields and inflicting massive hull and subsystem damage in a fraction of a second all without the need to tag, these qualities make this weapon not only immensily powerful but also really fun to use.

------ The following are not for veteran comments but just expressing my opinion

Vishnan primary

It's vishnan, it's a cannon, it does lots of damage and its green, what more is there to it?

Vishnan proximity gun

INVOKES METASTABLE PROBABILITY CONSTELLATIONS if that doesn't sell it for you, I don't know what will (serious note: I barely tried this as the spike eclipsed everything else in terms of fun)

Subspace Missiles

They are awesome, they are overpowered and I want more of them. Only downside is how long it takes for the effect to occur which initially led me to believe they were bugged.

Vishnan bomb

I expected more, specially considering the only mission where it would make sense to fly a bomber you are unable to ever let one off as the lucifer is too busy mind****ing you with horrible images and changing your target everytime. (honestly they need a buff to be in line with the rest of the weapons available)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:14:33 pm by Doko »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Added the gravity spike comment! I guess I should fill out the rest of that page too (or feel free to jump in, anyone!)

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
Everything is Permitted, part two

The Mjolnir Option

Proceed towards Artemis Station quickly, taking care to avoid the AWACs.  Scan the Comm, Weapons, and Sensor subsystems--incidentally filling out a bonus goal for Al-Dawa.  Turn and speed out towards the newly arrived Lambda/Omega transport groups, watching the signal spikes to narrow down which ship is Elder Henriksson's.  As before, try to stay "above the ecliptic."  Once this is determined, use the Ainsarii's glide to open the distance between you and the target.  Target engine subsystems and release your Shrikes from long range (five to six kilometers is sufficient) then shut down.  If you move quickly enough, you can also alter your trajectory to take you "above or below" the area.

After several seconds of silence, you should be out of the danger zone of fighters investigating the area.  Start your systems back up, then move towards one of the Mjolnir RBCs.  Take care in choosing, look for one that is clear of fighter patrols--especially the two squadrons of Auroras.  Approach your chosen cannon and follow your onscreen instructions.  You have to wait 30 seconds for full control, during which time the Tevs will notice something's wrong--radio chatter indicates they're sending a group to investigate.  Once control is established, use your comm menu to order the Mjolnir to fire on the transport--then start leaving quickly.  The Mjolnir should start turning to target the transport, Artemis control will get frantic, and then the target will be eliminated.  Jump out immediately.

Side Notes:  Not sure of the minimum distance to subvert the Mjolnirs--looking through the mission files suggests you have to be less than 1500m distant but I haven't tested that.  This approach requires zero primary weapons fire.  The two flights of Auroras will notice you at 2km no matter what you're doing.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

You're pretty wrong about that. You can go without firing a primary or secondary with the Mjolnir route and also be completely un-noticed if you start the hack while the Auroras aren't close. Also, gliding has been nerfed to max engine(110 for the Ainsarii) so for pure speed you're better of burner-pumping.
From identifying the transport to getting away without ever getting noticed or firing anything.

The relevant part starts at 6m48s
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
You're not wrong (and your method does work great!)  I hadn't played the mission that way on the latest release--I've seen the Mjolnir's miss before, so I went for the sure thing and disabled the transport first.  So:

1.  Scan Artemis Station subsystems.
2.  Hack Mjolnir RBC of your choice.
3.  Identify which transport is the target.
4.  Order the firing (hoping it doesn't miss).
5.  Leave.  Elapsed time, 165 seconds.

Is there still supposed to be a time limit where the Tevs regain control?  If there is, I didn't notice.

The attack order shouldn't miss if you're near the Mjolnir when you order the attack. It has to turn to face the transport first and if you lose control in the meantime...
Also, you're better of identifying the transport first then hacking the closest Mjolnir.
You need to be within 1500m to order the firing so you can't just hack, identify, and run away, you have to go back to the Mjolnir you hacked(which is now swarmed by curious Auroras).
Then again, you could hack one of the Mjolnirs at the back of the station, identify the transport, then hack another one in front while the Auroras are investigating another Mjolnir.

This was basically how it worked in the previous release too, you never had to fire a shot.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.

You need to be within 1500m to order the firing so you can't just hack, identify, and run away...

I've actually ran it that way several times now.

Edit:  I've kept at it, and now I wonder if there isn't a slight problem.  After you've hacked your chosen Mjolnir, you get a 30-second window before it shuts down (so says Fred and the HUD gauge).  However, if you leave the 1500 meter radius, the HUD gauge in question changes to "searching for connection" or something like that.  Does the 30sec countdown still continue in the background?  I've run through this scenario several times now and I retain control of the Mjolnir for the duration of the mission--usually another 60-90 seconds.  Occasionally there's a message from the fighter group telling Argus to let it be.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:51:45 pm by Damage »