Author Topic: Mission-specific Ambient Factor  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Kolgena

Mission-specific Ambient Factor
Okay, this might be a stupid question, but I was wondering if a mission's ambient lighting intensity can be specified on a case-by-case basis. I mainly bring this up because it's very hard to get convincing lighting across nebula, dark space, and subspace with the same settings.

Actually, it might be better to ask if it's possible for the engine to detect which of those 3 environments is being used, and scale the ambient factor accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:08:30 pm by Kolgena »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Mission-specific Ambient Factor
FRED.

Background editor.

Ambient light sliders.

Also, use different suns.

Offline Kolgena

I remember hearing as much, but lots of older campaigns (Derelict) have pitch black ships in subspace, so I was wondering if there was an easier workaround than changing the mission file itself. Although, that would allow me to add a sun on each end of the tunnel, which could look cool as long as it didn't become misaligned based on camera position...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I believe that in retail FS there was indeed a sun at each end of the subspace tunnel.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
I believe that in retail FS there was indeed a sun at each end of the subspace tunnel.

I don't think the "suns" actually blinded you like the others, though, did they?
Who uses forum signatures anymore?