Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion 1  (Read 31137 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno: Nostos Arrives this Summer!
I wonder what kind of logo you'll want for the Earth Alliance... is it going to be another bird with its talons over Earth? Or are you going to have some swirly-galaxy logo with Earth in the center?
Right now we're quite open to anything, but we don't have a dedicated artist to make things like logos and cb anis, and there's a lot of cb anis this time.

Will the superbombers make an appearance in Release 2?
For the Terrans the Jotun is the super bomber, it's much larger now than it used to be at 104m long. Making it the 2nd largest bomber (the Vindhyachal is 3rd largest at 94m)
The EA one is there too, though that's smaller at 73m, the rest will be added with R2.
The Stheno will be the main large bomber for the GTVA during the Nostos campaign and that's 56m long. The Jotun's for later but the mesh is ready and 100% complete so we might as well include it.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Right now we're quite open to anything, but we don't have a dedicated artist to make things like logos and cb anis, and there's a lot of cb anis this time.

Have you tried asking Jessnec?, he did some very nice cbanis for Syrk back when that project was alive.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
He's upgrading our weapon effects still right now. Though most of those are done it's mostly secondary weapon trail effects now.

Offline mr.WHO

woohoo - I thought I won't live to that moment. Now I have to stay alive till summer.

Anyway, what are the settings of those screenshots? Did Blue Planet spoiled me or are these a low settings screenshots?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Default launcher settings, using glow, shine and normal maps and slight reduction in ambient factor, why?

Offline mr.WHO

Well the first screenshot is kinds scary ugly (epecially the flame/explosion).
The capship textures (maybe except Shivan) also seems to be not so detailed (Shivan also, but these are not as visible as others).
As for the rest they are OK, but as I said the Blue Planet graphic spoiled me much.
I'll play the Inferno anyway (10 frikin' years of waiting comes to the end).

Edit: Lindos Texturing seems to be nice, but I can't say why the other capship textures looks bad/overstreched for me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:55:35 am by mr.WHO »

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
For the Terrans the Jotun is the super bomber, it's much larger now than it used to be at 104m long. Making it the 2nd largest bomber (the Vindhyachal is 3rd largest at 94m)
The EA one is there too, though that's smaller at 73m, the rest will be added with R2.
The Stheno will be the main large bomber for the GTVA during the Nostos campaign and that's 56m long. The Jotun's for later but the mesh is ready and 100% complete so we might as well include it.
What happened to the Notus? Was it scrapped?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well we use tilemaps as there's no way we'd get high quality UV textures done for this many ships and manage a release date, there's nothing we can do about that unless 5 or more texture artists decided to volunteer to redo all the capships, freights and transports etc

You'd be looking at around 40 ships just for the first release alone, so that's a massive job, well unless you want use to delay it another 5-10 years :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What happened to the Notus? Was it scrapped?
Notus was removed before the production of this version of Inferno began, there's no real need for it and it was actually smaller than the current Jotun is :nervous:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I know you're using a stretched version of the HTL Jotun for this but could you also release the "short" Jotun in some form?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Depending how how it was streched, you could always re-tweak it back to "normal" with PCS2's rescaling functions.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You'll have tiny cockpit people doing that though.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You'll have tiny cockpit people doing that though.

Like the existing cockpit people are all that consistent for most things.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but there would be a real noticeable difference between the Jotuns and the other Inferno ships if it was shrunk

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Depending how how it was streched, you could always re-tweak it back to "normal" with PCS2's rescaling functions.

Only the fuselage is stretched, and it seems like it was elongated by hand, rather than stretched using a transform function. However, they also showed a version of the model with the original proportions, which is the one I'm thinking of.

Also, wasn't the original Jotun actually 55 m, not 70 like some people believed? The thruster flames added length to it.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline mr.WHO

Umh, would it be possible to have teaser/techroom entry + 1 screenshot for like 2-3 ships once a week? Thsi would make waiting for summer a bit easier.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Y U NO JOTUN?

:'(
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Umh, would it be possible to have teaser/techroom entry + 1 screenshot for like 2-3 ships once a week? Thsi would make waiting for summer a bit easier.
At the moment no, a large chunk of our fleet has corrupted UV on their turrets caused by 3DS Max conversion for resmoothing the meshes, we'll have it fixed before release but we can't produce teaser shots of the affected ships until it's fixed. We actually want to replace the entire turret set with new high poly turrets but we don't have anyone dedicated to returreting everything.

There's also some stuff in that list we don't want to show before release, though one of those isn't finnished yet so we couldn't show it anyway :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

For those wondering there's the Jotun next to a few of the other larger bombers. The Jotun has 6 turrets and is the only bomber that carries the Executioner. The Stheno is similar to the original R1 Jotun in size, and appears near the end of the first half of the campaign. The Jotun won't arrive officially till the latter half of the 2nd release.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
oooh shiny :yes:

The Titanis looks like a larger version of the Peregrine.

EDIT: Maybe you could show us a front view of the Jotun? The old one looked like it was about to punch you in the face and I can't tell if that particular... feature's been retained.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:01:14 pm by Apollo »
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)