Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

RELEASE — Blue Planet

<< < (41/46) > >>

DefCynodont119:
It should be noted that GeneralBattuta and a few others have expressed a desire to continue, but none of them currently have the time or energy to do so.

SilverAngelX:

--- Quote from: Crypthammer on February 03, 2023, 09:55:22 am ---I heard there was a completion of the story in short story form somewhere, but I'm not sure where, and I keep holding out hope that someday it will be finished in campaign format, so I've intentionally avoided it.  Maybe someone could provide a link to that here.
--- End quote ---
Here it is: https://clarkesworldmagazine.com/dickinson_12_15/

Grizzly:

--- Quote from: The E on May 13, 2022, 11:01:08 am ---BP is essentially on deep hibernation. There is a slight sliver of hope that one day, there will be new BP, but neither I nor anyone else on the team can honestly say when that will happen.

But it is not dead. For all of us, BP is a labour of love, a point of deep and lasting pride, and a cornerstone of the relationships we made while making it. Speaking for myself only, I count the members of the BP team as some of the longest, truest friendships I have ever made. I cannot watch Icarus without having deep emotions, despite how cheesy the music choices are. The discussions that take place here, or on discord, or even in real life for some of us, where we meet someone random who by the purest of chances happened to play this silly little fanfic of ours and who took enjoyment and long-lasting fascination from it are some of the most rewarding interactions we have.

BP is asleep. It may wake up one day, unforeseen and sudden. It may not. But as long as there are people enjoying it, it is not dead.

--- End quote ---

Trivial Psychic:
A fully voice-acted Tenebra could get some momentum going. ;7

Grizzly:
Bpc version 3.2 is now available!
This update was made for FSO 23.0

Features:

* Enhanced hud, fonts and text scaling, especially at higher resolutions.
* Full integration of FSO's new lighting features, including a thorough check of background lighting to fix inconsistencies and the restoration of glowpoints that cast actual lights!
* Integration of Lafiel's radar icon script, as well as Warmachine's VSYNTH toggle! Toggle radar icons on with a hotkey!
* Various sound, effect and texture enhancements from Warmachine, including Kestrellius’s formidable effects and PBR maps for TEI ships!
* Some extra effects from Diaspora (we were already using a bunch of BTRL stuff), mostly aimed at making it easier to tell different weapons apart and gauge their relative power.
* Further tweaks to sounds, with a new "internal detonation" sound effect that takes the place of deathroll sounds for big ships.
* You can now rebind the hotkey used by the "turrethotkey" script, thanks to EatThePath!
Bugfixes:

* An update to FSBlue fixing some leftover issues (eg mistakes made by Grizzly) and implementing the proper fix for the AI scaling bug.
* Fixed an mvp bug with the Sathanas that prevented its forward flak guns from firing properly.
* Made some tweaks to techroom unlocking to fix entries showing up too early or not at all.
* fixed a bug that caused the 640x480 error message to appear for ultra-widescreen users.
* Various smaller fixes and tweaks that I forgot to write down.
Notes:

* If you are using your own keybinds, you may want to rebind "vsynth toggle" and "target priority subsystem". Their BP defaults are "Alt+Z" and "D", respectively.
* You can tweak the way lighting looks by using the command line settings: Simply go to Options>FSO Settings, and change the -light and -ambient flags. A setting of "1" uses the mod's default settings as defined in lighting_profiles.tbl, and functions as a multiplier. Try setting -ambient to 0 to take full advantage of the formidable light from background effect!
* If you want to use the glowpoints-casting-lights for your own projects, you need the glowpoints.tbl file and the $Glowpoint overrides: table entries. They're in bpc-core.
* The rebindable turret hotkey has been implemented in an old script, and it’s unfortunately not compatible with the much newer versions of the script on the scripting repository.
* Alternate configurations for the radaricon script are included in bpc-core/data/config/radaricons/
* A special thanks to EatThePath for letting us have a big repository of unused Warmachine effects as well as helping us out with scripts. Had I yet mentioned that Warmachine is good? Half this update wouldn't have been here without it.
* Special thanks to the FSO coders who were on the ball with providing timely fixes for all the bug reports we handed in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version